+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley Sack Sean Dyche

Burnley Sack Sean Dyche

Madness with only a few games left, what's a new manager going to do in such a short time period, they should have made the decision a few games ago as they've been in the same position for a while now.

Not surprised at the sacking, agree it should have happened sooner. It’s past time he and the club part company. Did a great job mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Madness with only a few games left, what's a new manager going to do in such a short time period, they should have made the decision a few games ago as they've been in the same position for a while now.
    They got new owners recently, maybe not clued on. I would have backed him to save them to be honest.
    Trouble is now, they bring in a new man, the players they have suit Dyches ethics, if the new boy has different, no time to implement them.

The problem with Dyche and Burnley this season is they don't know how to win.

Surprised by the timing not by the action.

I see the great Jamie Fullarton has parted ways with Walsall too.

Never knew Steve Stone was there along with Ian Woan.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I see the great Jamie Fullarton has parted ways with Walsall too.
    Technical Director, ay? Prob heading back to Sherwood Forest as we speak.

Jamie Fullarton has left his role as Walsall's technical director after just a year at the club.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter!

The Saddlers confirmed in a statement on Thursday evening the 46-year-old had departed just a year and a day after his appointment.

Fullarton was responsible for overseeing the strategic direction of the club's football department but his success has been limited.

Matt Taylor, the club's first head coaching appointment of his tenure, was sacked in February with the Saddlers teetering above the League Two relegation zone, while a large scale overhaul of the playing squad led by Fullarton last summer has provided at best mixed results.

Fullarton had recently been helping new boss Michael Flynn plan for this summer's transfer window.

In a statement, the Scot claimed he felt the time was right to pursue a new challenge.

Fullarton said: "I would like to thank the chairman, the board, all the staff and players at Walsall for their support during my time at the club.

"Together we have developed a framework that should give the club a platform to build this summer and beyond. It has been a privilege to be part of the project and I wish the club every success in the future."

Utter madness, or maybe they have Steve Cooper lined up... 😀

Burnley: "Thanks Sean Dyche for taking us (twice) to a level we have no right to expect, and keeping us there for so long, but no thanks."

Reminds me of when Charlton Athletic sacked Alan Curbishley many years ago because some fans thought he had "taken them as far as he could". They've not been close to the Premier League since.

Bad move by Burnley, expect to see them back in League One before long…where they belong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast