+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Doncaster is to become a city

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was as farcical as a Carry On film apparently. Cleaved the back of he head with the first swing, got the neck but not all of it with the second and had to finish it off with a butcher's knife. Then he lifted the head by the hair to show the crowd only to be left with a handful of red haired wig as the balding/grey haired head fell to the ground. No reports of whether he then kicked it around a bit or played keepy up.

To add insult to injury after her death they sent her to Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    To add insult to injury after her death they sent her to Peterborough
    I really must check up on past history. I thought she was executed in London thanks for the history lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I really must check up on past history. I thought she was executed in London thanks for the history lesson
    Her body eventually ended up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    MQoS had already been taken into captivity before her time at the Manor Lodge Sheffield, it was in fact a comfortable prison during the time it took for Queen Elizabeth to be persuaded by her advisors that letting her live was a credible threat to Elizabeth’s reign and execution of Mary was the only way to protect her own position as monarch.
    There’s rumours of a tunnel system between Manor and where Sheffield Castle/market was so she could attend mass in secret.

There used to be a similar urban myth about a tunnel from St ledger Arms pub in Laughton and Roche Abbey.

Likewise the one from Colditz to the Three Magpies!

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    There’s rumours of a tunnel system between Manor and where Sheffield Castle/market was so she could attend mass in secret.

There used to be a similar urban myth about a tunnel from St ledger Arms pub in Laughton and Roche Abbey.
    I had a great aunt that was in Marples Hotel when it was bombed in WW2

She was led out of the wreckage via a tunnel in the basement

Okay I’m fessing up…. I’ve got a tunnel from my man cave indoors to my beer fridge in the garage outside.

Please lads don’t dob me in to her indoors 🙏

The city most famous for boasting four nicks

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
    The city most famous for boasting four nicks
    Ah but to be fair, they did invent Butterscotch and the prefabricated caravan.

....and the first thing cash strapped Doncaster City will spend their money on?

New Road signs and council stationary

Thousands of pounds spent on the " new image"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast