+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pope

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Did you try the Cabalie ?
    Haven't been able to get hold of it locally Army, where do you get it from ?

Had a cracking German Riesling from Naked last night, Gerhard Klein 2020, £13.99. Quite unusual for a white, in my experience anyway, the longer it was out of the bottle the better it got. This happens with a decent red, but it's not something I've noticed with a white before.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think Sinkov in MJ s defence
    No need to defend him from me Army, I'm not criticising him in any way, just making observations on the way we're playing. The lad's done good, keep him on next season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But that's speculation Mal, we got a point at Leicester, Southampton, Chelsea, Wolves, Arsenal, Palace and won at Brighton under Sean, so why not at Villa ? My point is more about performances, I'm not seeing a big difference.
    I just think Gerrard and his team would have found us out and probably won. If it wasn’t for Pope last night, they would have.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I just think Gerrard and his team would have found us out and probably won. If it wasn’t for Pope last night, they would have.
    Compare there team to ours Malwayne-it does not bear thinking about yet we could easily have won if we had a striker that knows how to put the ball in the onion bag.

One of,if not the best goalie I've ever seen at Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    One of,if not the best goalie I've ever seen at Burnley.
    Must be the best Alf surely? Okay plus put him in the top 5 and maybe top 3 in the prem.

Sorry boys n gals that one of us has to go down but irrespective sure we will be gently rubbing each other next season.

Can’t quite bring myself to wish you good luck but don’t want either of us to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Must be the best Alf surely? Okay plus put him in the top 5 and maybe top 3 in the prem.

Sorry boys n gals that one of us has to go down but irrespective sure we will be gently rubbing each other next season.

Can’t quite bring myself to wish you good luck but don’t want either of us to go down.
    If the EPL do what's right, Everton are getting a nine points deduction for breaching the Fair Play rules.

I'm not holding my breath though mate. Good luck for Sunday, I hope the Bees decide to turn up because I know the Toon will.

I hope we can stop up H,but the I couldn't give a phook because I'm sick of the Premier league and all it stands for..The worrying thing for me is we will just drop down the leagues because we sold our great club to a set of yanks who know phook all about football and running a football club.
    This is why you will probably stay up.

Leeds have scored in the 90th minute this season 6 times

Rodrigo (90+4) v Wolves
    Raphinha (90+4) v Palace
    Bamford (90+5) v Brentford
    Gelhardt (90+4) v Norwich
    Ayling (90+1) v Wolves
    Struijk (90+2) v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I hope we can stop up H,but the I couldn't give a phook because I'm sick of the Premier league and all it stands for..The worrying thing for me is we will just drop down the leagues because we sold our great club to a set of yanks who know phook all about football and running a football club.
    This is why you will probably stay up.

Leeds have scored in the 90th minute this season 6 times

Rodrigo (90+4) v Wolves
    Raphinha (90+4) v Palace
    Bamford (90+5) v Brentford
    Gelhardt (90+4) v Norwich
    Ayling (90+1) v Wolves
    Struijk (90+2) v Brighton
    With Leeds stats like that at your finger tips Rev will definitely think you are a closet Leeds fan Alf.
    I hear ya though but we will soon be joining you and be the Leeds 49ers.

Rumour is Eddie Howe may get sacked for Jose Mourinho to come in - which just about sums it up.

Yep Everton are a shocker but more chance of you and I winning the Eurovisions next year than them getting a deduction.

PS don’t think you will drop down the leagues you have players who can cope with the Championship - would have you to come back up.

I think we would stay int he EFL for years again if we go down.
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 21-05-2022 at 01:12 PM.

PS don’t think you will drop down the leagues you have players who can cope with the Championship - would have you to come back up.
    Now that really is hopelessly optimistic mon ami. Certainly we have the players as of today who can cope with the Championship, but NINE of them are out of contract at the end of the season. In the Annual Report published a couple of weeks ago it was disclosed that we have to cough up £65 million in the event of being relegated, it explained that this would be financed by players sales, and if they hadn't raised enough from the first fire sale, they would sell some more.

If we are relegated, nine players walk out the door, and we have to raise £60m from those that remain. We'll be fecked, it'll be a miracle if we don't go straight through into D1.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-05-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)