+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Team Vs Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What are our opposition like in the air? Any big lads who are good aerially? If so we need Cameron in the centre IMO.
    No idea, but with Cameron and Richardson on the wings we’ll be 4-0 up by half time anyway so it won’t matter.

Our reliance on the RWB position is now so predictable, Taylor has been a big disapointment, DKE is a trier but lacks quality going forward…why not try Cameron there. If we want more height in there we can always use Rawlo. Cameron would be back for set pieces too 👊

It would be fine for set pieces and he would no doubt be comfortable there. However experimenting at this stage is too risky for me. Plus the horror show from Rawlo (and others in the backline) at Aldershot is still lodged in my brain , and he doesn't handle pace and movement well.

I see absolutely no sense in experimenting a CB as a wing back in a knock out play off game.
    If he does play the left side of a back 3, he will push down that left side anyway.

It would be fine for set pieces and he would no doubt be comfortable there. However experimenting at this stage is too risky for me. Plus the horror show from Rawlo (and others in the backline) at Aldershot is still lodged in my brain , and he doesn't handle pace and movement well.
    *shudder*

I don’t know the answer, what worries me is that whatever defensive lineup we have gone with this season we have contrived to lose games or give away ***** points not through (more often than not) the opposition tearing us apart but through ridiculous individual, defensive errors and general suicidal decision making.

Whether we play Rawlo, Cameron, Lacey, Brindley, Chicksen, DKE, Richardson or Taylor at the back the frailties have been the same. That’s why I’m just saying f**k it, let’s just score one more than what we’re going to concede…and Cameron at LWB will do that!

If we’re going to go out let’s go out with a bang, not playing suicide football and getting outfought like we did against Grimsby in the league.

What are our opposition like in the air? Any big lads who are good aerially? If so we need Cameron in the centre IMO.
    https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/s...st-7104079.amp

This bloke is 6ft 5in

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I see absolutely no sense in experimenting a CB as a wing back in a knock out play off game.
    If he does play the left side of a back 3, he will push down that left side anyway.
    I remember Torquay doing it against us last season with the same player

Surely you play Cameron in his best position, centre back. It could easily be argued that he's been one of our if not our most consistent performer this season, certainly top 3 alongside Palmer and Rodriques?

He's not the player to risk or take a gamble with just because he's versatile and we haven't sorted out the left wing back spot.

Naturally Ian knows the players and squad better than us lot so I back his decision on team selection for this game.

Surely you play Cameron in his best position, centre back. It could easily be argued that he's been one of our if not our most consistent performer this season, certainly top 3 alongside Palmer and Rodriques?

He's not the player to risk or take a gamble with just because he's versatile and we haven't sorted out the left wing back spot.

Naturally Ian knows the players and squad better than us lot so I back his decision on team selection for this game.
    What I’m saying is we’ve looked no more composed or solid at the back with or without Cameron in the defence. The same errors and kamikaze football have persisted throughout the year. That’s not going to change overnight just because Cameron is back in the team.

The only way we’re going up is if we go for it and out score the opposition, we ain’t keeping no clean sheets against Grimsby or Wrexham Hannibal.

You are right though, he is in the top three performers this year…

Palmer
    Rodrigues
    Cameron

#Cameron4LWB

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    No idea, but with Cameron and Richardson on the wings we’ll be 4-0 up by half time anyway so it won’t matter.

Our reliance on the RWB position is now so predictable, Taylor has been a big disapointment, DKE is a trier but lacks quality going forward…why not try Cameron there. If we want more height in there we can always use Rawlo. Cameron would be back for set pieces too 👊
    Taylor’s been a disappointment? Has he? Like Vincent, maybe it’s the matches I’ve seen him, but he’s always done well when I’ve seen him, different gravy to Chicksen.

It won’t be this but I’d go

Slocombe

Richardson Brindley Lacey Cameron Taylor

Vincent Palmer Roberts

Wootton Rodrigues

I’m really looking for our big 3 attacking players to fire altogether against good teams, not just against Grimsby, but against Wrexham and Solihull as well.

If all are fit it should be:

Slocombe
    Brindley Lacey Cameron
    Richardson Chicksen
    Roberts Palmer O’Brien
    Rodriguez
    Wootton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234