+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Fund For Championship Next Season???

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You just can't resist can you. Euphemism or not, you're ability to resort to insults is unmatched. Call a spade a spade, c u n t ish is as c u n t ish does.
    I try to leave you alone but you prod and goad so don’t play the wounded soldier you start more arguments than anyone on here and insult people whether called for or not.

I think my original ‘sin’ was to point out your inconsistent positions or stick up for people you bullied. You have tried to compare me to Andrew Wakefield, repeatedly called me various things and insulted me when I mentioned someone had died.

You flounced off here promising. Never to return and wishing the word would end and yet here you are.

I think you are a sad, bitter and twisted old man who seems to think the world has done him an injustice and that this gives you the right to be mean. You remind me of those who start a fight and then bleat and cry when it doesn’t go your way.

You have moments when you can be funny, you make occasional good points but in the mean that underlying bitterness and need to be right seems to get in the way.

If you reply to posts I make not aimed at you with barbed comments don’t cry if you get a response.

Don't think we will need big investment if we end up in the championship.

I expect a lot of the starting 11 to be sold on, but if that creates opportunity for the likes of Geldhart, Summerville, Drameh etc with a couple of additions I believe we will bounce back up at the first time of asking.

Next season is going to be a waste of time with Marsch in charge and he will probably last long enough for the season to be over before its feckin started - sorry for the doomy outlook but its got a feeling of been there seen it got the b@stard t-shirt!

Meslier
    Shackleton
    Hejlde/Dallas
    Struijk
    Koch
    Bate
    Forshaw/Dallas
    Summerville
    Harrison
    Allen/Poveda/Greenwood
    Gelhardt

Not a bad 11 if we want to play attacking football - not sure we will though.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I try to leave you alone but you prod and goad so don’t play the wounded soldier you start more arguments than anyone on here and insult people whether called for or not.

I think my original ‘sin’ was to point out your inconsistent positions or stick up for people you bullied. You have tried to compare me to Andrew Wakefield, repeatedly called me various things and insulted me when I mentioned someone had died.

You flounced off here promising. Never to return and wishing the word would end and yet here you are.

I think you are a sad, bitter and twisted old man who seems to think the world has done him an injustice and that this gives you the right to be mean. You remind me of those who start a fight and then bleat and cry when it doesn’t go your way.

You have moments when you can be funny, you make occasional good points but in the mean that underlying bitterness and need to be right seems to get in the way.

If you reply to posts I make not aimed at you with barbed comments don’t cry if you get a response.
    I made a single line comment about Orta, and you decided to call me a c u n t by any other name, and you expect me to "turn the other cheek"?

I'm neither sad, nor bitter, twisted etc, and I don't believe the world owes me anything, unlike you, who appears to want to be the saviour of all, whilst harbouring a dep seated hatred for all who question your belief in your own superiority. I give as good as I get, for sure, I've never shied away from a "debate" although I'll admit to finding it hard to maintain a willingness to stay here given the hypocrisy of some who post, and I don't expect others to watch my back, unlike you and a few other backslappers on here.

The reply to post #4 was aimed at me, no-one else, so don't try suggesting otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Don't think we will need big investment if we end up in the championship.

I expect a lot of the starting 11 to be sold on, but if that creates opportunity for the likes of Geldhart, Summerville, Drameh etc with a couple of additions I believe we will bounce back up at the first time of asking.
    There won't be any investment, from the 49-ers or anyone else, if we end up in the Championship. The experiment will be seen as what it will have been, a failure. The asset value which Radrizzani has improved won't be sufficiently attractive to potential investors, because the additional investment will outweigh the likely returns.

Meslier
    Shackleton
    Hejlde/Dallas
    Struijk
    Koch
    Bate
    Forshaw/Dallas
    Summerville
    Harrison
    Allen/Poveda/Greenwood
    Gelhardt

Meslier will go, Struijk will go, Hjelde will go, Bate will go, Gelhardt will go, Harrison will go, and of the others,.......Forshaw is crocked, Dallas may well be and remain so, so we are left with those who haven't been able to get a 1st team showing, also-rans, or loanees. What a solid basis for life in what is recognised as the hardest league in the world. Many thanks to our wonderful executive.
    Last edited by WTF11; 20-05-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    With the impending sales of KP,Raph,Bamford plus don't we get parachute payments?

Surely we should be able to assemble a squad capable of the play-offs with the cash we will have?

Or will Radrizzani pocket the lot and leave us with what's left
    I doubt anyone in their right mind is going to pay money for Bamford, guy has had 4 seasons with us and 2 of those he has been more out of the team than in it with injuries.

Rapha we are going to get peanuts for which these days will barely buy you 2 good Championship players and KP will hopefully fetch a good sum but will probably be 20 million less as clubs know we have no bargaining power being in the lower leagues.

Probably then get nominal 5-12m fees for any of: Rodrigo, Llorente, Koch, Meslier, Harrison, James, Firpo, Struijk. I know some of them are absolutely dross but La Liga/ Bundesliga teams would take a punt having them back where they were good.

We might have a good amount of money but we will have a past their best paper thin squad with all the real talent gone and relying on youngsters.

Meslier
    Shackleton
    Hejlde/Dallas
    Struijk
    Koch
    Bate
    Forshaw/Dallas
    Summerville
    Harrison
    Allen/Poveda/Greenwood
    Gelhardt

That team would get bullied off the park and absolutely rinsed every corner or set piece

Looking at the likely leftovers, we really need some height & physical presence all over the pitch. Its been an issue in the Prem, even more so in the Championship. Need some no - non sense types to balance the squad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)