+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Yorkshire optimism

The Yorkshire optimism

We all know what's going to happen this weekend. The Rollercoaster will go up and down and up....but ultimately finish down. I'm Dutch yet I feel, with my bad luck, that I am a Yorkie. Youthful optimism has been replaced by dogged realism.....which is often mistaken for pessimism. We have snatched Championship football from the jaws of the Premier league, just as in the past, we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by wasting, in a way only we can waste, opportunities and then suffering the consequences. Working at sea, on a ship with terrible internet, I have missed many games but have seen enough to realise, if or when we go down, it was self inflicted. We reaped what we sewed. The thought of Tyler Roberts wearing a Leeds shirt next season kills me. Basically, following Leeds is like this, with odd exceptions of course; whatever you don't want to happen....happens. Anyway, we're all wishing for a miracle. The football gods are laughing already.

Agree 100%, as I've said elsewhere, it's the Leeds way, has been for 50 years, with the odd exception, give you a glimmer of hope, then wipe it away from under you, leaving you totally deflated.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)