+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Chronicles Doug O’Kane on the recent events, pt2

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I thought I'd mention Leya Iseka too while we're on the subject. This lad showed glimpses of quality last season and will have settled in after being here a year. He might just be one who creeps under the radar and if he starts on a consistent basis from August and he might just surprise a few people.
    Agree Pass , a good pre season and a new gaffer plus a level lower and the lad could be the striker we don't need to buy .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Nudger
    If tha can point out what more Devante Cole brings to the table than Cauley Woodrow then we'll start talking.
    I don't like saying it, but along with the rest of them admittedly, Cauley's been garbage for a year now.
    One brilliant free kick goal at Stoke is all hes done of note this season, and it says it all that even Victor's average stats are very similar to his.

However, to suggest Devante Cole is better, well even I think thats a loopy comment.
    Keep em coming Nudger kid. 😅

To be honest YN has always had it in for Woodrow but his arguments do not add up , how can you say that he is not good enough for us in division one & in the next breath say he is likely to go to the championship to one of two clubs who have just had excellent seasons & yet he champions Thomas & Vic who have not scored 15 goals between them in their entire careers including seasons in the bottom division , its just a wind up from YN about Woodrow but it has become an obsession with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't like saying it, but along with the rest of them admittedly, Cauley's been garbage for a year now.
    One brilliant free kick goal at Stoke is all hes done of note this season, and it says it all that even Victor's average stats are very similar to his.

However, to suggest Devante Cole is better, well even I think thats a loopy comment.
    Keep em coming Nudger kid. 😅
    My reasoning is this Acido.
    I think Woodrow has been poor for more than a year.
    Season before last my preferred forward line was …..
    Morris - Dike - Freiser

Why Freiser before Woodrow ?
    Because Freiser had something Woodrow hasn’t got - and that’s speed.
    Defenders hate forwards that are quick.
    Only striker we have now with any speed is Cole.
    Hence I’d keep Cole before Woodrow.

However - if we go back to the old fashioned tactics of a big lad up front with a fox in the box at the side of him - then Woodrow could come good.
    But I can’t see us returning to that style of play.

I don’t think the bigger Champions clubs would want Woodrow - clubs like Luton and Blackpool might do - clubs that seem to do well by sweeping up players that have been around the block a few times and then reigniting their careers might take a punt.

BTW - not only me pointing this out about Woodrow - I’ve seen similar comments on here - and the tide of opinion has definitely changed on the BBS and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

BTW - not only me pointing this out about Woodrow - I’ve seen similar comments on here - and the tide of opinion has definitely changed on the BBS and Twitter.
    Am surprised tha teks eny nooatis of BBS sages Nudge--or a tha after gerrin back on theear?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-05-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am surprised tha teks eny nooatis of BBS sages Nudge--or a tha after gerrin back on theear?
    I read all I can in relation to Barnsley.
    And listen to all the Radio Sheffield releases.
    Nothing against BBS per se - some good posters on there.
    But as I’ve said - it’s somewhat spoilt because of weak Admin on there.
    So no - I wouldn’t go back on there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123