+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connor Hourihane

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    We definitely need at least a couple of older heads at the club.
    But they need to have leadership qualities and they need to be able to run.
    Not sure Hourihane fits the bill.

There’s a football club to run - we can’t rely on sentimentality to run it.
    I don't think there's any sentimentality there Nudge. Hourihane would be a great addition. One day I think he'll make a good manager. Sometimes, players who don't quite make it at the top level make the best managers imo. Hourihane's been in the premier and spent a good few years at a decent level of football. He's had international experience. He was a good captain whilst he was here
    I'm not sure that running will be a pre-requisite next season. I think we may see a change of tactics that could allow someone like hourihane to show his class.

IMO - the forward line will see the biggest changes.
    Excluding Morris - we didn’t have enough strikers who were physically strong enough in the Championship - so they certainly won’t be in the 1st Division.

I think Morris will be sold - but it would be good if we could keep him.
    I still think the speed of Cole would be useful.
    But the rest of them - Leya, Obbi, Woodrow, Victor can all leave as far as I’m concerned.
    Who be this Obbi the sages speak of? A figure named but never seen.

Excluding Morris - we didn’t have enough strikers who were physically strong enough in the Championship - so they certainly won’t be in the 1st Division.

But the rest of them - Leya, Obbi, Woodrow, Victor can all leave as far as I’m concerned.
    League one 2018/19 .

Cauley Woodrow 20 goals in 34 games .

Get him back up top at this level and he'll score another 20 .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Who be this Obbi the sages speak of? A figure named but never seen.
    Obbi is out on loan for the duration of next season too .

I understand certain people who trade in white substances in the Leeds area are missing him .

I'll leave it at that .

You are we’ll into the Woodrow out champagne now Nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    You are we’ll into the Woodrow out champagne now Nudge.
    Yes & a striker with 57 goals under his belt for the reds & he wants him replaced by Thomas, shakes head ! If by some miracle we could hang on to Morris & Woodrow we would have the best pair of strikers in the division .

I need the club to lift me , when I say lift me I mean within reason given the present circumstances .

It's the job of the club to show me they are worth investing my hard earned in , attract me as any business has to to do to attract its customers .

I'm always going to have the club running through my vains , I'm also going to be affected either way by the results but I can easily do that staying at home or spending time with my grandkids .

You want my money then you are going to have to come towards my expectations , my expectations because it's my money I'm spending .

The days of blind love and loyalty well unfortunately that ships sailed for me .

We definitely need at least a couple of older heads at the club.
    But they need to have leadership qualities and they need to be able to run.
    Not sure Hourihane fits the bill.

There’s a football club to run - we can’t rely on sentimentality to run it.
    it worked with Hammil ,when Partick brought him back , Hourihane would be a Great Signing , it would possibly attract more fans to return too ?, " he did say he hoped to return to us in some capacity , it's a Club he has a great deal of love and affection towards ",

Conor might be a great signing, I say might though because they are all a gamble. And how many times do we see players or managers going back again to a club, and it not working out the second time.
    I wonder what his wage demands would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    it worked with Hammil ,when Partick brought him back , Hourihane would be a Great Signing , it would possibly attract more fans to return too ?, " he did say he hoped to return to us in some capacity , it's a Club he has a great deal of love and affection towards ",
    Wouldn’t make me pay £320 x 2.
    Not a chance. He’s spent. ……. Sorry, but NO.
    I’d rather go two leagues lower and try to find the next Hourihane…Like we did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast