+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connor Hourihane

Connor Hourihane

Contract up at Villa .

A long shot no doubt but he'd be a bloody fantastic signing for us .

Would be a class act in league one , a leader and helping the younger lads out on and off the field .

Didn't he say he'd like a coaching roll here at some point?

It would be a significant statement of intent by the owners.

Ready made experience, football quality, leadership (captain) and affinity to/knowledge of the club.

Spectemur Agendo

He'll be back at some point; it could be now.

If he'd no affinity to this club I wouldn't even consider it .

I know the late Patrick Cryne worshipped him and with Jean now on the board and a bit of a new broom it could be possible especially as fanty points out there's a chance to cut his teeth with some coaching too .

Obviously Connor probably isn't the player he was two years ago but at league one level in my opinion he'd still be a class act .

What he'd want in wages would I guess depend on any affinity to the club he still has if that makes sense .

We definitely need at least a couple of older heads at the club.
    But they need to have leadership qualities and they need to be able to run.
    Not sure Hourihane fits the bill.

There’s a football club to run - we can’t rely on sentimentality to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If he'd no affinity to this club I wouldn't even consider it .

I know the late Patrick Cryne worshipped him and with Jean now on the board and a bit of a new broom it could be possible especially as fanty points out there's a chance to cut his teeth with some coaching too .

Obviously Connor probably isn't the player he was two years ago but at league one level in my opinion he'd still be a class act .

What he'd want in wages would I guess depend on any affinity to the club he still has if that makes sense .
    Great shout Animal , absolutely the perfect kind of player needed to galvanise the team , he knows the league & still has an abundance of quality plus he has proved when he was captain here before that he is a leader coupled with his vast experience, only slight downside is that he would still be welcomed at lower end championship level such as Rotherham for example but if you do not try you do not get , lets go for him Khaled

Lots of moving parts with this post but if Morris and Woodrow were to stay then not only have you a potent strike force at league one level you could also factor in both are now experienced players .

Add Hourihane pulling the strings in midfield , on the set pieces and corners too with his quality of delivery then you can at least start to see some daylight emerging from the dark days of the debacle of this season .

Plus a manager coming in who knows the league .

In my opinion there is players in Benson and Iseska who with the right manager and a reset lower level could well prosper next season .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    We definitely need at least a couple of older heads at the club.
    But they need to have leadership qualities and they need to be able to run.
    Not sure Hourihane fits the bill.

There’s a football club to run - we can’t rely on sentimentality to run it.
    Hourihane isn't a leader ???

Probably the best captain we've had at the club since Redders .

Legs is an interesting one .

Connor never had any pace , with a left foot like he's got and his reading of the game it was never an issue .

Generally the legs go when the injuries catch up with players and as far as I know he's not had any serious injuries so far in his career .

Besides that he's 31 years of age not 38 .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Lots of moving parts with this post but if Morris and Woodrow were to stay then not only have you a potent strike force at league one level you could also factor in both are now experienced players .

Add Hourihane pulling the strings in midfield , on the set pieces and corners too with his quality of delivery then you can at least start to see some daylight emerging from the dark days of the debacle of this season .

Plus a manager coming in who knows the league .

In my opinion there is players in Benson and Iseska who with the right manager and a reset lower level could well prosper next season .
    IMO - the forward line will see the biggest changes.
    Excluding Morris - we didn’t have enough strikers who were physically strong enough in the Championship - so they certainly won’t be in the 1st Division.

I think Morris will be sold - but it would be good if we could keep him.
    I still think the speed of Cole would be useful.
    But the rest of them - Leya, Obbi, Woodrow, Victor can all leave as far as I’m concerned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast