+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds and Burnley threaten legal action over Everton's finances.

Leeds and Burnley threaten legal action over Everton's finances.

So we have another story where two clubs firmly believe that the Premier League have failed to deal with another club's massive over spending.

Apparently Everton have well overspent but they say they are within the boundaries and fair play rules. They have losses of over £120 million last season alone. In total they have posted losses of £372 million over the last three seasons, how can this be right?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61529371
    Last edited by CAMiller; 20-05-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Going to be hard to blame the EFL for this one. ��

Sounds like another scandal of creative accounting

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Going to be hard to blame the EFL for this one. ��

Sounds like another scandal of creative accounting
    No, they're just Scouser's and can't add up right......

Saw on tv Everton are trying to explain the excess due to the old chestnut covid
    Thing that gets me is why have Burnley and Leeds waited till the last weekend to complain?
    With all due respect to Burnley surely they expected to be down there and you could argue Leeds too it’s clutching at straws isn’t it

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Saw on tv Everton are trying to explain the excess due to the old chestnut covid
    Thing that gets me is why have Burnley and Leeds waited till the last weekend to complain?
    With all due respect to Burnley surely they expected to be down there and you could argue Leeds too it’s clutching at straws isn’t it
    Two teams in big trouble of which either one is going down this season so, I suppose they are clutching at straws. Would they have lodged this had they both finished mid table?

I'm surprised we ever get to finish a season these days with all the legal challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Two teams in big trouble of which either one is going down this season so, I suppose they are clutching at straws. Would they have lodged this had they both finished mid table?
    Probably not and that’s why some get away it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well, they have to wait until Everton publish final figures plus it's very costly in legal fees to take the action. So they wait until the very last moment to make the challenge.

It's self interest, not the "for the good of football" they blather about, as you say had they finished midtable it would have been ignored and left to another relegated club to take the action.

It’s also because it could be argued away that covid is a force majeure in the courts..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    It’s also because it could be argued away that covid is a force majeure in the courts..
    and that's the core of the case, Everton's "force majeure" seems to be much bigger than any other club in the Premiership

Allegedly inflated like the value of Hillsborough when Chansiri bought it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast