+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ciaran Clark

Ciaran Clark

Another rumour!
    I’ve always rated him and despite being in his early thirties he would add some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Another rumour!
    I’ve always rated him and despite being in his early thirties he would add some experience.

The problem with West Brom is the continuous need to recruit aged players or those that come for their last pay cheque.

So no from me! We need young and hungry players like Conor Gallagher who will cover every blade of grass!

We also need to rid ourselves of over the hill players like Livermore, Phillips and Bartley!

Can’t disagree with that ‘hunger’ attribute baggieal buddy. However, I am drawn to some good experience to lead the defence. Whilst Ciaran is not in the same league as Johnny Evans, he should be able to show similar composure.
    Unquestionably Bartley needs to be stepped down.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Can’t disagree with that ‘hunger’ attribute baggieal buddy. However, I am drawn to some good experience to lead the defence. Whilst Ciaran is not in the same league as Johnny Evans, he should be able to show similar composure.
    Unquestionably Bartley needs to be stepped down.

He’s a good player Prando and whilst I like hungry young players the RIGHT experienced player can be an attribute!

I am told Bartley still lives in Wetherby which is crazy with almost 3 hours travel each way. We do need a clear out though and Bruce worries me!! Persisting with Bartley, Livermore, Reach, Zohore, Phillips and Robinson will just get Bruce the sack!! If Bruce can’t see this after the dismal performances under him since taking over - then he’s naive at best! Why would they come good?

Grady needs to up his game as what a waste of talent! Reminds me of Koumas in that the talent is there but inconsistently shown!!

Fingers crossed Prando for a Brentford win!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The problem with West Brom is the continuous need to recruit aged players or those that come for their last pay cheque.

So no from me! We need young and hungry players like Conor Gallagher who will cover every blade of grass!

We also need to rid ourselves of over the hill players like Livermore, Phillips and Bartley!
    I’ve given up with bruce, he’s just another dinosaur that doesn’t trust youth but relies on old pros, we been there are done that, combined with Lai and co look where we are now
    I d rather see a young promising coach giving youth a chance with a couple of ‘ old stagers’ even it if meant spending 2-3 years in the Championship
    Bruce can join the likes of Pulis, Pardew, Houghton, Allardyce, Hughes and the rest of the has beens on Blackpool beach

You mean like Ismael and that worked out well.
    Lots of fans were asking for Hodgson back and he’s a lot older than Bruce.
    Some fans don’t want to give Bruce a chance because they didn’t want him in the first place. Now he wasn’t my choice either, but he has to be given a transfer window. Because if we start of bringing in a new manager, he would want to see which of the rubbish bunch of players he wanted toto keep before sorting out his transfer list.Now We know know which players we want and will be a long way down the line with some.

If we bring the likes of Clarke in then we need to rid ourselves of some of the 'old brigade' otherwise we are only adding to that age group. We have enough so called experienced players and need to look to young players in order to build for the future. However, the way things are at present, and I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, it isn't looking that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    Some fans don’t want to give Bruce a chance because they didn’t want him in the first place. Now he wasn’t my choice either, but he has to be given a transfer window. Because if we start of bringing in a new manager, he would want to see which of the rubbish bunch of players he wanted toto keep before sorting out his transfer list.Now We know know which players we want and will be a long way down the line with some.

I was not unhappy with Bruce when he was brought in. Football did not improve though as clearly he rated players like Livermore and Reach plus wants to get a tune out of Zohore.

Does Bruce not get it - they are not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    If he read this forum....he would know who the shyte players were back when he arrived.....it feels like years now...but it's only months....

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Does Bruce not get it - they are not good enough
    I think its safe to say.....No....he doesn't get it.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)