+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rishi Sunak - It Gets Worse!

Rishi Sunak - It Gets Worse!

Interesting read going around:

So... it now comes to light that Rishi Sunak's wife was part owner of Lava Mayfair Club Ltd (a private membership gym), which collapsed last year owing almost £44million to creditors, including £374,000 to HMRC!
    Another of Mrs Sunak's ventures... Mrs Wordsmith (an education business) went into administration last year owing £16.3million – after receiving a £1.3million loan from the Government's "Future Fund"!
    OH IT GETS WORSE... Digme Fitness (which she owns 100% of) received up to £635,000 of furlough money... before it then closed its eight studios in London and Oxford... still owing HMRC £415,000!

So .... Mr Sunak introduces the furlough scheme ... and the woman he's sleeping with benefits by up to £635,000!
    Mr Sunak oversees the rules regarding Non-Dom status ... and the woman he's sleeping with benefits by over £20 million!
    Mr Sunak is in charge of ensuring that the UK maximises its tax revenue... yet the woman he's sleeping with has been active in, or has owned, companies going bust owing a staggering £789,000 to HMRC!

Mr Sunak says his wife's tax affairs are none of OUR business... he can f uck RIGHT off!!

Arrogance in almost immeasurable amounts!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Interesting read going around:

So... it now comes to light that Rishi Sunak's wife was part owner of Lava Mayfair Club Ltd (a private membership gym), which collapsed last year owing almost £44million to creditors, including £374,000 to HMRC!
    Another of Mrs Sunak's ventures... Mrs Wordsmith (an education business) went into administration last year owing £16.3million – after receiving a £1.3million loan from the Government's "Future Fund"!
    OH IT GETS WORSE... Digme Fitness (which she owns 100% of) received up to £635,000 of furlough money... before it then closed its eight studios in London and Oxford... still owing HMRC £415,000!

So .... Mr Sunak introduces the furlough scheme ... and the woman he's sleeping with benefits by up to £635,000!
    Mr Sunak oversees the rules regarding Non-Dom status ... and the woman he's sleeping with benefits by over £20 million!
    Mr Sunak is in charge of ensuring that the UK maximises its tax revenue... yet the woman he's sleeping with has been active in, or has owned, companies going bust owing a staggering £789,000 to HMRC!

Mr Sunak says his wife's tax affairs are none of OUR business... he can f uck RIGHT off!!

Arrogance in almost immeasurable amounts!
    Not read any of this, but if true Sunak should resign. I don't doubt that a great many business owners took advantage of the furlough scheme as well as other legal loopholes but any MPs who had any such involvement should have the details made public. Their actions may not have been illegal but their status as MPs should mean they should act accordingly with the standards expected of elected representatives. As Chancellor-where he can implement systems that he can personally benefit from-the onus on Sunak to behave appropriately is even greater. Another example of the arrogance and tone-deafness of the Tory elite.

I can’t really express just how much this has annoyed me.

During the early period of Covid and through the winter of 2020 into 2021 I had my most worrying time in 25 years of being in business.

During that winter we were 85-90% down on trade for week after week, it was absolutely horrendous.

I decided to use the furlough scheme to a very limited extent and even though I only actually needed my staff for 10-20% of their normal working hours I not only claimed less than I could’ve done but I also paid everyone their full wage EVERY month.

Nobody got dropped to 80% like I could easily have done, nobody got made redundant, I just took it on the chin and paid them in full.

Then in the January of last year I got an official brown envelope from HMRC telling me i had been selected for a “Compliance Check” on my furlough participation.

Anyone on here who has run a business and who has dealt with HMRC will likely admit that they are horrible to deal with.

I’ve had 4 or 5 vat inspections during my time in business and they always find something.......they seem to work on a presumption of guilt and work backwards from that!

First ever inspection I ended up with a £90 fine due to an invoice wrongly entered into the wrong accounting period and interest was then charged on my early claim.

Hardly the crime of the century but I accept it was wrong and that £90 fine justified someone’s job at HMRC.

My vat checks were always so clean though that it’s now been a few years since we’ve been done albeit I guess saying that has tempted fate knowing my luck.

Anyway, back to the “Compliance Check” started in Jan 21.

The stress this letter caused at a bad time was hard to express if I’m being honest.

I have a very good accountancy firm who do all my payroll and they kindly took my on the check paperwork on my behalf.

Four months later my accountant had heard nothing back so she contacted the agent at HMRC dealing with our case and we received a very curt letter telling us NOT to contact them and they would contact us IF they required more information.

A year went by and .......nothing!

Eventually I got the official letter from them....15 F KING MONTHS later and the decision.......everything is fine.

Simply not good enough.

You can never be sure whether you’ve sorted ever “i” and crossed every “T” with HMRC and complied exactly to their pettiness so that 15 month wait was purgatory for me.

I ended up being able to not only get my business through this period but also take on 3 new members of staff, I used the scheme in the way it was meant to be used and have given work to 3 guys made redundant during Covid.

I’m fuming about Sunak and his wife.

A poor businessman who runs businesses into bankruptcy whilst fleecing millions in government handouts.

On this forum only BaggieAl and Boingy know how badly I have struggled with anxiety and depression over that Covid period ( through talking in person and on personal messages ) and the stress from that 15 month “check” was a massive factor.

I hope Boingy reads this because due to him and some advice he gave to me my life has improved immeasurably in the last 4 months.

But Sunak needs to go.......what a horrible little man to let his wife “ r a p e “ the system in this way when he’s the man implementing the scheme and running the country’s finances.

His position is untenable, I can’t vote Tory if he’s in the treasury next time around.

Good post Mick.......

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I can’t really express just how much this has annoyed me.

During the early period of Covid and through the winter of 2020 into 2021 I had my most worrying time in 25 years of being in business.

During that winter we were 85-90% down on trade for week after week, it was absolutely horrendous.

I decided to use the furlough scheme to a very limited extent and even though I only actually needed my staff for 10-20% of their normal working hours I not only claimed less than I could’ve done but I also paid everyone their full wage EVERY month.

Nobody got dropped to 80% like I could easily have done, nobody got made redundant, I just took it on the chin and paid them in full.

Then in the January of last year I got an official brown envelope from HMRC telling me i had been selected for a “Compliance Check” on my furlough participation.

Anyone on here who has run a business and who has dealt with HMRC will likely admit that they are horrible to deal with.

I’ve had 4 or 5 vat inspections during my time in business and they always find something.......they seem to work on a presumption of guilt and work backwards from that!

First ever inspection I ended up with a £90 fine due to an invoice wrongly entered into the wrong accounting period and interest was then charged on my early claim.

Hardly the crime of the century but I accept it was wrong and that £90 fine justified someone’s job at HMRC.

My vat checks were always so clean though that it’s now been a few years since we’ve been done albeit I guess saying that has tempted fate knowing my luck.

Anyway, back to the “Compliance Check” started in Jan 21.

The stress this letter caused at a bad time was hard to express if I’m being honest.

I have a very good accountancy firm who do all my payroll and they kindly took my on the check paperwork on my behalf.

Four months later my accountant had heard nothing back so she contacted the agent at HMRC dealing with our case and we received a very curt letter telling us NOT to contact them and they would contact us IF they required more information.

A year went by and .......nothing!

Eventually I got the official letter from them....15 F KING MONTHS later and the decision.......everything is fine.

Simply not good enough.

You can never be sure whether you’ve sorted ever “i” and crossed every “T” with HMRC and complied exactly to their pettiness so that 15 month wait was purgatory for me.

I ended up being able to not only get my business through this period but also take on 3 new members of staff, I used the scheme in the way it was meant to be used and have given work to 3 guys made redundant during Covid.

I’m fuming about Sunak and his wife.

A poor businessman who runs businesses into bankruptcy whilst fleecing millions in government handouts.

On this forum only BaggieAl and Boingy know how badly I have struggled with anxiety and depression over that Covid period ( through talking in person and on personal messages ) and the stress from that 15 month “check” was a massive factor.

I hope Boingy reads this because due to him and some advice he gave to me my life has improved immeasurably in the last 4 months.

But Sunak needs to go.......what a horrible little man to let his wife “ r a p e “ the system in this way when he’s the man implementing the scheme and running the country’s finances.

His position is untenable, I can’t vote Tory if he’s in the treasury next time around.

Excellent post Mick and agree with every word! Whilst Boingy loved the Welsh International and I didn't - I applaud him for giving you some excellent advice like you did to myself! Really good to hear!

Keep you doped with ***, religion and TV, and you think you're so clever and classless and free. But you're still f ucking peasants as far as I can see.
    John Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Excellent post Mick and agree with every word! Whilst Boingy loved the Welsh International and I didn't - I applaud him for giving you some excellent advice like you did to myself! Really good to hear!
    What annoys me more than anything is that I’m a pretty small company with 13 employees now, 10 at the time this happened.

This would’ve taken one person no more than a day to check if they’d visited us or our accountants.

I had to wait 15 months for them officious w a n k e r s to do a simple task.

Meanwhile, individuals have ripped off millions and not even been spoken to.

Starmer needs to use Parliamentary Privilege to accuse Sunak of covering up a potential fraud.

Regardless, it’s a morally bankrupt position he is now in and the stench coming off him and his self entitled, only rich due to her parents, vacuous, Nomark of a wife is like the pall of death.

Whilst I've got no love for Sunak, its clear that this is a hatchet job - probably from within the Tory party.

As I mentioned some time ago, he wanted to be PM and he didn't want to wait for the opportunity. Mud was slung at #10 over partygate - and this mud is being thrown back now.

Sunak's political career is hanging by a thread, if it isn't already over.

One thing BJ is good at is riding through the rough moments and diverting attention away from him when he most needs it. And its very possible he's now diverting the negative momentum away from him and towards Sunak.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)