+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28 year ago.

28 year ago.

finally after all the failed attempts .WE DID IT.SOME day never to be forgotten. For those of us who had been at all the other ones. Made it really special.UP THE TERRORS

Best day and weekend ever as an Arab, 2010 was amazing of course but something special about 1994, still the best for me

The goal and the glory is on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/JpjBYUcCjsk

Wore out the VHS when I was young

Having witnessed every final defeat since 74 i will always remember that victory as the sweetest of them all.The FACT that we stopped Glasgow Rangers RIP from the double treble was merely the cherry on tap O the cake.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 21-05-2022 at 10:12 PM.

Only utd game i have ever had tears at. After all the years of agonising defeats we had finally done it. Celebrated for weeks after

Outsang them too

https://youtu.be/1s6L-B2E66U

What a day
    What a performance 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Was about to get on the bus home and realised Id lost my wallet, Had to report it to the police as my DUFC credit card was in it. By the time I reported it and got back the bus was gone. No mobiles at that time so had to get in touch with my parents to pay for a train ticket in Dundee so I could get home. Railways wouldnt let them do this so used the loose change I had to get a bus to perth. Sat at the back and just before it left 2 mates appeared. They had been to the hospital as one of them dislocated hit shoulder at the match. sat with them at the back and the driver let me stay on to Dundee. Met my bro and mates in the Globe and they gave me some money so I could stay out for the party. Had a brilliant night and next day at the square.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    Was about to get on the bus home and realised Id lost my wallet, Had to report it to the police as my DUFC credit card was in it. By the time I reported it and got back the bus was gone. No mobiles at that time so had to get in touch with my parents to pay for a train ticket in Dundee so I could get home. Railways wouldnt let them do this so used the loose change I had to get a bus to perth. Sat at the back and just before it left 2 mates appeared. They had been to the hospital as one of them dislocated hit shoulder at the match. sat with them at the back and the driver let me stay on to Dundee. Met my bro and mates in the Globe and they gave me some money so I could stay out for the party. Had a brilliant night and next day at the square.
    Fantastic story Roma.

I was also late getting back as had to wait for my mate who was being held captive by the Glasgow Hun Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Only utd game i have ever had tears at. After all the years of agonising defeats we had finally done it. Celebrated for weeks after
    It was the most emotional I've been at a match, definitely. Before kick off as well as after. Maybe after the UEFA Cup Final second leg too, but never had goosebumps like 1994.

We say it every year but that performance from the players was outstanding.

Can't believe that was 28 years ago. I was convinced before a ball was kicked we would win the cup that season, I think it was just fate, being the first season McLean left as manager, only time I wavered was when Billy Baggio got suspended for the final. Strange season all in all, Golac had a squad that should have been challenging for European qualification every season, full of past, present and future internationals, some great young talent, but had us near the foot of the table in his season and a half, really was no excuse for it, yet in the cup his philosophy just seemed perfect, for the final at least.

I remember getting a fairly **** seat at Hampden near the front, but it turned out to be the perfect view of Brewster's goal. The other thing I remember distinctly is people whistling for the ft whistle at the end, and thinking there must be at least another 15 minutes to go, I was genuinely shocked we were in injury time, a complete reverse of normal circumstances when you want the full time whistle and it drags, it's the only time I can remember that happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Fantastic story Roma.

I was also late getting back as had to wait for my mate who was being held captive by the Glasgow Hun Police.
    Found out later that if I went back to hampden I could have had a lift back with Dave Bowman as he had to stay back for a drug test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)