+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warney on Quest

You can 'sign' someone on a pre contract agreement which kicks in on July 1st but that only applies to players whose contracts expire on June 30th. In any case it will be almost impossible to complete the squad by the start of pre season training. Players,via their agents,wait for options and by the time the playing one off against the other is complete,the season has almost started.I have no doubt it is an absolute nightmare and while I can be sometimes cynical to what the club and Warne might say through the media,on this subject,they have my sympathies.Having said that,all clubs go through the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    The transfer window doesn't open until 10th June , not weeks ago.
    Yes Friday 10th June.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Cover? Wood is there as cover, we currently do not have any first choice CB signed or Strikers, we are weeks into the window and no resigning of key players, ** no contract extensions of key players ** and no new players. There is a lot of work to do, and this number of new players need to be together as long as possible, every week from when training starts will be key. As PW stated in his recent interview this is going to be a very hard summer

You're incorrect. Contract options activated on Josh Chapman, Jake Hull, Viktor and Chieo. The club are trying to get Ogbene to sign an extended deal. Michael Smith will make a decision end of this week or early next week, Ihiekwe has been offered a new deal.
    Don't you consider Chieo and Viktor to be key players?
    Jerome Greaves who's out of contract this summer has been invited back for pre-season training with a view to earning a new contract.
    I wouldn't expect any new players to be announced till mid to late June.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Then how come clubs are signing players already?
    Donny have already signed a player up.

Can only think that he may be out of contract.

NB. Just checked it out. Harrison Biggins joined on a free having left Fleetwood Town.
    Thing is they will have to pay his wages for a month.as he would be paid by Fleetwood until end of his contract…unless it was announced he will join at end of his contract….trouble is these days is how media reports deals..

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    It's all about the money
    Wonder how much the likes of Pritchard
    , Roberts and that kid Clark are earning at Sunderland. I bet their lowest earner earns as much as our highest.
    Then there's Alex Neil. I bet his contract is astronomical and now they will feel it's been money well spent.
    We need to pick up a few more Ollie Rathbone types to compete. Good lower league players not catching the attention of the big boys.

Think the big boys will have scouts everywhere. One thing we've got going for us you'll get payed on time with us! Get in quick or your left with going for players you haven't really considered.

Like always, just have a bit of bloody patience.

The season doesn't start for another 10 weeks, let's give them chance to do their jobs eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    The season doesn't start for another 10 weeks, let's give them chance to do their jobs eh ?
    Absolutely

I'd have got shut of Victor can't have a keeper who can't deal with corners etc...

What a barrel of laughs you really are
    Corners etc? What he can’t save/catch/kick /organise
    We have 2 quality keepers for our budget

Get rid of a decent experienced keeper, if only for the bench? And then what. Put an 18 year old in so that 'you can see what he can do?

You really don't have a Scooby gru.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast