+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Warney on Quest

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'd be worried with Victor in goal in the championship I can't have a keeper who flaps at crosses. Brin re. Horseracing they were your rules Cheltenham 2021 didn't matter what price a winner it was odds on or odds against it was same value. Stupid to me that's like going in bookies saying doesn't matter about winner I've backed being odds against pay me price favourite was! Were was you this year at Cheltenham? Think I managed 6 winners this year.
    What do you do for a living?

If it’s not scouting footballers or tipping hosses then you’re wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    What do you do for a living?

If it’s not scouting footballers or tipping hosses then you’re wasted.

They are just pastimes but I used to be good on the horses. I cut gambling on horses right back when I retired from work. But I still believe racehorses & footballers aren't that different they both have a level once they've reached that can't go no higher.

They are just pastimes but I used to be good on the horses. I cut gambling on horses right back when I retired from work. But I still believe racehorses & footballers aren't that different they both have a level once they've reached that can't go no higher.
    Name:  Footballer.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  65.3 KB

Impossible to tell them apart.

I will chuck a few stats in

L1 games only

VJ
    Played 26
    Conceded 22
    Clean sheets 11

That is 1 goal every 1.1 game conceded on average

JV
    Played 20
    Conceded 15
    Clean Sheets 14

1 goal conceded every 1.4 games on average

As for corners;

We conceded an average of 3.74 corners a game which is the second-lowest in the league - Wigan were better.

I cannot find a stat for goals conceded from corners but only 1.27% of all corners lead directly to a goal.

I think these stats tell us 2 things:

1 - we have a 2 very good goal keepers, both with experience of being winners

2 - That conceding goals from corners isn't a massive concern.
    Don't let facts interrupt the premonitions stirring in Gru's waters.

Hows Julien Lamy doing?

He was in Cyprus last I heard. Not sure if he's playing or on his holibobs.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    He was in Cyprus last I heard. Not sure if he's playing or on his holibobs.
    Glass collecting at a beach front bar.

Glass collecting at a beach front bar.
    I saw him play once and I thought to myself "He's got all the potential needed to be a glass collector in a beach front bar". Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I saw him play once and I thought to myself "He's got all the potential needed to be a glass collector in a beach front bar". Looks like I was right
    You and everyone else including people with decades of experience in the professional game at multiple clubs.

You and everyone else including people with decades of experience in the professional game at multiple clubs.
    Funny that. If we didnt have Wood in the team he would have been the next Ronaldo.

I'd be worried with Victor in goal in the championship I can't have a keeper who flaps at crosses. Brin re. Horseracing they were your rules Cheltenham 2021 didn't matter what price a winner it was odds on or odds against it was same value. Stupid to me that's like going in bookies saying doesn't matter about winner I've backed being odds against pay me price favourite was! Were was you this year at Cheltenham? Think I managed 6 winners this year.
    Out of how many bets/choices?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast