+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Contract expiries

Contract expiries

This is what we have.....

Summer 2022
    Tom Lawrence

Curtis Davies

Ravel Morrison

Richard Stearman

Ryan Allsop

Kelle Roos

Craig Forsyth

Nathan Byrne

Colin Kazim-Richards

Louie Watson

Malcolm Ebiowei

Liam Thompson

Eiran Cashin

Kornell McDonald

Lee Buchanan (club have option of another year)

Festy Ebosele (joining Udinese)

Jason Knight

Jack Stretton

Krystian Bielik

Max Bird

Louie Sibley

So who would you be most wanting to hang onto this summer, MA?
    I’d be happy to keep them all tbh, but think Davies, Allsop, Morrison, Byrne, Cashin and Thompson would be my top six. Can’t see us keeping Lawrence...too expensive and, as has been said elsewhere, we could do a lot with the money saved on wages.

P.S. I had high hopes for Kornell McDonald too but we’ve seen very little of him this season.

The young uns for a start. Curt most definitely. Allsop I'd keep but he's apparently off. I'd keep Stearman but he'll go to try for more playing time. Ravel owes Rooney and should stay. Lawro? How about a 1 year deal on reduced wages with the caveat that if we're not in the top 10 come January he can go on a free as opposed to going on a free now?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The young uns for a start. Curt most definitely. Allsop I'd keep but he's apparently off. I'd keep Stearman but he'll go to try for more playing time. Ravel owes Rooney and should stay. Lawro? How about a 1 year deal on reduced wages with the caveat that if we're not in the top 10 come January he can go on a free as opposed to going on a free now?
    Hmmm...like your thinking about Lawro, but not sure how much we want to keep him...hope you’re wrong about Allsop...Stearman I doubt we’ll need if we get Flint who, had we had a decent scouting system, we should have got from Alfreton over a decade ago.
    He’ll be a perfect fit for us in League One imo...not so sure as regards the return of Lee Gregory which has also been rumoured.

Rumours from the usual "newspapers" and clickbait online "news outlets" are things I ignore. I have reason to believe the Allsop rumours do have some mileage in them. LG? I'm with you on that, we shouldn't do it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)