+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you actually enjoy this season?

Did you actually enjoy this season?

OK, we suffered the big R, but I actually enjoyed this season a lot more than, for instance, last season - defeat with honour compared with a desperate scramble to unravel the Cocu era. and some of the matches became genuine backs against the wall classics. Maybe those who suffered away defeat on away defeat thought differently, or maybe you can't enjoy anything that results in relegation

Anyone?

Yes, much better than the end of last season. Have a feeling of being "in limbo" though, really need to see us get this takeover complete before my mind can commit to what we face going forwards. Not bothered about relegation, expected it even before the points deduction, but can say I've been pleasantly surprised by the team & management, who've given us about 10 extra games to "believe" for than I had anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Yes, much better than the end of last season. Have a feeling of being "in limbo" though, really need to see us get this takeover complete before my mind can commit to what we face going forwards. Not bothered about relegation, expected it even before the points deduction, but can say I've been pleasantly surprised by the team & management, who've given us about 10 extra games to "believe" for than I had anticipated.
    Totally agree with that. Can’t say I’ve ‘enjoyed’ it because it seems to have been one thing after another and there are still things to be resolved, but there’s certainly been more to admire from the players and the coaching staff this season than for quite a while.
    The bonus for me has been the number of youngsters who’ve stood up to be counted. Don’t think one of them has let us down. Question is...can we keep them?

P.S. Doesn’t the ‘Goal of the Season’ thread warrant a ‘sticky’?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-05-2022 at 04:55 PM.

For the first time in a while players, staff and fans have been one. It's felt like "my club" again.

Icing on the cake was being part of the exceptional away support at Blackpool. Remarkable scenes at the end when we fans were roundly applauded by the Blackpool faithful as we left the ground.

On to Derby next for the Caerdydd game via a couple of days visiting my sister in law in Castle Bromwich.

Somewhat enjoyable, somewhat frustrated If any genuine interest from anyone before christmas to bring this club out of administration in January I'm sure we would be still in the championship. The siege mentality was great but..........
    If I was loaded I would of busted a gut to complete a deal quickly staying in this division would of saved me millions

What could have been, what should have been!
    Morris won't have any sleepless nights, too thick skinned! Git!

Nope, there was no enjoyment, football was largely dire stuff and the whole season was essentially pointless really.

The worst season ever, even the season we accumulated 11points wasn’t as bad as this. Just hope that next season we can win a few away games or we could be dragged into another relegation battle. Rooney was in a win win situation as he couldn’t fail. Next year we’ll see what he’s all about. Love his commitment though!

If you listened to some on the dcfc fans.uk forum it was the most fun season ever *facepalm*

The weird thing I find with football fans is how quickly they appear and disappear,, they all come out the woodwork when your doing well and the shirts come out but look how dry these forums have gine sunce we went off the cliff, one forum I checked out last night hasnt had a post since 2020 yet before that it was teeming ffs

Forest and Leeds are another example, look how many have come out the woodwork for Forest, shirts all over the place and the bit of success this season has gone to their heads big time, “we could sell out wembley 10x over” ... yeah go back to pre 2019 and you couldnt even half fill the shed you call a stadium exactly the same with Leeds

Forest fans are a fickle bunch, planning a stop off in Derby “after they win the playoff final” to drive around beeping their horns.

Not just forest or leeds but every club in the prem or on the cusp of the prem bubble do it

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Forest fans are a fickle bunch, planning a stop off in Derby “after they win the playoff final” to drive around beeping their horns.
    £30 fixed penalty fine. However, if you challenge it the max is a grand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)