+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Bending the knee farce

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40056524]Take your point, Swale though tbf my initial response to this particular thread was following Andy’s observation and question and the ‘interaction’ with TTR did remain civil.

/[QUOTE]
    rA I trust the fact that this thread has remained civil UNTIL Swale got involved hasn’t gone unnoticed by you.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-06-2022 at 08:00 PM.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40056579][QUOTE=ramAnag;40056524]Take your point, Swale though tbf my initial response to this particular thread was following Andy’s observation and question and the ‘interaction’ with TTR did remain civil.

/
    rA I trust the fact that this thread has remained civil UNTIL Swale got involved hasn’t gone unnoticed by you.
    It hasn’t but fortunately I’m not the moderator and having allowed DCFCA to get away with so much you’re not really in that strong a position to criticise your more regular nemesis.

Also, the thread itself and what motivated it to be started at all, especially at a time when we are still about two months away from the football season starting, is more interesting to me.

That and the other unanswered questions such as...why the hostility in football but not cricket and the two rugby codes, and what the actual reasoning is behind those who are so offended by this challenge and gesture against racist behaviour.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-06-2022 at 08:52 PM.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40056608][QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40056579]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Take your point, Swale though tbf my initial response to this particular thread was following Andy’s observation and question and the ‘interaction’ with TTR did remain civil.

/

It hasn’t but fortunately I’m not the moderator and having allowed DCFCA to get away with so much you’re not really in that strong a position to criticise your more regular nemesis.

Also, the thread itself and what motivated it to be started at all, especially at a time when we are still about two months away from the football season starting, is more interesting to me.

That and the other unanswered questions such as...why the hostility in football but not cricket and the two rugby codes, and what the actual reasoning is behind those who are so offended by this challenge and gesture against racist behaviour.
    rA, DCFCA has been sanctioned, I don't have to make any sanctions public and to his credit he publicly withdrew his most extreme potential libel in public and moved on. Also, DCFCA's insults are almost universally directed at the great and the good, I don't recall him resorting to tell any board member to '**** off' recently. I think my criticism is proportionate

The thread was started by TTR but I resurrected it as I'd like to understand peoples'opinions at a more thoughful level than that found on other social media. Whilst standing by my estimation that around 95% of other social media opinion is 'anti-knee', Henry Fonda taught me that the quantity of an argument doesn't necessarily correlate to the quality of it

I can't explain the lack of overt reaction to the knee in different sporting contexts, but I suspect that the 'offence taken' partly originates from the type of people who also like a (real or threatened) punch-up after the game (in general, yobbos), for which as a peacelover I have no time, but also partly from those who accept the need for education and persuasion in respect to prejudice, but see this as indoctrination.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40057053][QUOTE=ramAnag;40056608]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

rA, DCFCA has been sanctioned, I don't have to make any sanctions public and to his credit he publicly withdrew his most extreme potential libel in public and moved on. Also, DCFCA's insults are almost universally directed at the great and the good, I don't recall him resorting to tell any board member to '**** off' recently. I think my criticism is proportionate

The thread was started by TTR but I resurrected it as I'd like to understand peoples'opinions at a more thoughful level than that found on other social media. Whilst standing by my estimation that around 95% of other social media opinion is 'anti-knee', Henry Fonda taught me that the quantity of an argument doesn't necessarily correlate to the quality of it

I can't explain the lack of overt reaction to the knee in different sporting contexts, but I suspect that the 'offence taken' partly originates from the type of people who also like a (real or threatened) punch-up after the game (in general, yobbos), for which as a peacelover I have no time, but also partly from those who accept the need for education and persuasion in respect to prejudice, but see this as indoctrination.
    Sorry Andy, but you’re just wrong on this one. DCFCA has consistently abused people from Billy Sharp to Mel Morris to Chris Kirchner to several individual posters on here and if you don’t know that I suspect you’re the only one that doesn’t.

Tbh it doesn’t upset me one jot...it’s just something that I’d rather not be part of. I do struggle a bit though when you jump on your high horse with Swale having seemed so reluctant to deal with similar offences from elsewhere.

As for the rest. I have my own thoughts about Tricky’s motivation in starting the thread and I was going to ignore it. Then, as you say, you ‘resurrected’ it and I responded. I know little about other ‘social media’ comments but the fact that you have identified the ‘boo boys’ as ‘in general yobbos’ speaks volumes.

Unsurprisingly, while I respect the well thought through comments of those like MA, I am completely in agreement with Michael Holding on this one and if, as you suggest, it is the ‘yobbos’ who seek to end the practice of taking the knee then that is just another reason for keeping it imo.

This thread was a typical one by Thicky whereby he throws out a lot of crap he has gleaned from the internet because he thinks he is clever.

And no AF (I'm broadly not racist) you don't have a leg to stand on, because although you try to appear neutral and fence sitting, in fact you blew your cover on this issue a long time ago. But regrettably your memories short.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)