+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T..Electric cars.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    The day I have to get an electric car is the day I stop driving.
    You charge your phone, your Bluetooth players ,your battery in a cam. Why not a car, it's a large power pack that you charge for around 3 hours or you can charge at petrol stations 80% in 20 minutes and if your like me and don't want all electric then you have petrol also. If you run out of fuel a powered car can get you to a garage.

Is it right that you never own the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If true then that's no bad thing because the owner has the responsibility for recycling or disposal.

They should look at the amount of sh!t that planes & ships use fuel wise 1st..
    That's what will have been used probably to deliver the parts to the factories to make this ****.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    They should look at the amount of sh!t that planes & ships use fuel wise 1st..
    That's what will have been used probably to deliver the parts to the factories to make this ****.
    Not a fan then !
    I`ve been around cars all my life,in fact I was a car dealer for over 10 years,and I would class myself as a petrol head,but diesel has definitely had it`s day,and petrol won`t be many years behind,them`s the facts I`m afraid.
    I need a car about the size of a Focus,or maybe a bit bigger,that will do around 50mpg,or the electric equivelent,and doesn`t cost a fortune to buy.

as i posted about this on the other thread, the Treasury gets around £57Billion a year in fuel duty. Does anyone think that this cheap Electic rate is going to last? I'd like to bet the Treasury doesn't, and is waiting in the wings as soon as the Fuel duty starts to drop...............get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    as i posted about this on the other thread, the Treasury gets around £57Billion a year in fuel duty. Does anyone think that this cheap Electic rate is going to last? I'd like to bet the Treasury doesn't, and is waiting in the wings as soon as the Fuel duty starts to drop...............get ready.
    Maybe they'll start to move away from fuel taxes towards mileage taxes as they are doing here in the US as in some areas electric car sales are nudging above 5% of the market share (not surprisingly in States where gas (petrol) prices are the highest).

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Maybe they'll start to move away from fuel taxes towards mileage taxes as they are doing here in the US as in some areas electric car sales are nudging above 5% of the market share (not surprisingly in States where gas (petrol) prices are the highest).
    Yes Cam, probably monitored by Sat Nav system in reverse maybe. The driver will need an implant in his arm to start the car............UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Not a fan then !
    I`ve been around cars all my life,in fact I was a car dealer for over 10 years,and I would class myself as a petrol head,but diesel has definitely had it`s day,and petrol won`t be many years behind,them`s the facts I`m afraid.
    I need a car about the size of a Focus,or maybe a bit bigger,that will do around 50mpg,or the electric equivelent,and doesn`t cost a fortune to buy.
    Diesel is used to power some EV chargers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    My car my battery changeable in 5 years, if you have the car that long. To answer queries on cost of electric, plug in at home my monthly bills aren't much different before I purchased the car. I charge the car every other night .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast