+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T..Electric cars.

O/T..Electric cars.

Due swap car later this year, and wanna do the right thing and maybe get an EV.
    Have you got one already ?
    I would be able to charge at home,what does this cost you (aprox),have you had any problems?
    Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Due swap car later this year, and wanna do the right thing and maybe get an EV.
    Have you got one already ?
    I would be able to charge at home,what does this cost you (aprox),have you had any problems?
    Ta.
    Had trouble with mine.

Limited range due to only having a 2 mile flex

Seriously though my next door neighbour has one and is happy with it.

He said though you have to watch for people stepping out into the road because the car is very quiet.

Also he says range plummets in the winter due to battery drain caused by having lights on, fans on and rear window demister going.

Yes I have a Mitsubushi phev outlander ,had my own charger erected in my carport prices can vary on the charger depending on promotions that are available. I get around 26 mile per charge but the car can charge while you are driving advice from installers to do this when your car drops to 20% just by pressing the charge button near the gear lever The car also runs on fuel which it will automatically switch over too when battery runs out. The drive is so smooth and quiet. You can recharge at petrol stations around the country probably while your having a rest . I've just travelled to Phuket in Thailand a12 hour journey had no issues more than happy go for it but depending on what model of car you like.

Feel free to get in touch Chris my mate ( Avondalemiller) will give you my e.mail.

A mate has a electric range rover sport. 3x last winter it wouldn't charge/drive due to the cold weather. Not sure if this is all electric cars or just specific to his. Octopus energy were doing a tarriff àimed at ev users. They offer a 7p per kw charge between midnight and 430am though the date is a little higher than STD at 33p per kw

Day rate not date

The day I have to get an electric car is the day I stop driving.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    A mate has a electric range rover sport. 3x last winter it wouldn't charge/drive due to the cold weather. Not sure if this is all electric cars or just specific to his. Octopus energy were doing a tarriff àimed at ev users. They offer a 7p per kw charge between midnight and 430am though the date is a little higher than STD at 33p per kw
    You wouldn't want to be his neighbour, he'll have the washing machine on at night, maybe the hoover.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    The day I have to get an electric car is the day I stop driving.
    They should get better though, and cheaper, hopefully.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast