+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This board

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I've nae problem we anyone's political opinion.
    Just no on a fitba forum.
    This board has had its day, sad but true. Loads of dee related stuff on the other board or on Facebook.
    But folk are still looking in here, yourself is proof

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    But folk are still looking in here, yourself is proof
    Proof of what?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Proof of what?
    that folk still look on on this board, wouldn’t take much to get it going again, just some decent topics

that folk still look on on this board, wouldn’t take much to get it going again, just some decent topics
    You never know,hopefully a decent new manager and some new signings get fowk on board again.

Spot on jdfc, I look in everyday to see if anything is happening or worth debating , my daughter just bought her first season ticket in years , tonight , I’m going down for mines and my grandsons tomorrow , hopefully if Jack Ross gets the job and has us up and running early on , then the board might just get busy again

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Spot on jdfc, I look in everyday to see if anything is happening or worth debating , my daughter just bought her first season ticket in years , tonight , I’m going down for mines and my grandsons tomorrow , hopefully if Jack Ross gets the job and has us up and running early on , then the board might just get busy again
    Bought three season tickets on Saturday, it would be interesting to hear from posters on this board if they are renewing or buying for the first time

Bought three season tickets on Saturday, it would be interesting to hear from posters on this board if they are renewing or buying for the first time
    I have never purchased a season ticket. I have either paid at the gate or last season had to purchase a ticket in the ticket office a couple of days before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    I first looked into this board when Alex Rae was sacked , it was a hive of activity, brilliant board loads of great posters , since then mostly Noah, Islay , and Ross turned it into a Political board Or should I say an anti SNP board , I have on numerous occasions tried to start football topics but nobody is interested anymore , there’s hardly anyone left , and the 3 named above are only interested in SNP bashing , for football topics you need to go to dark blues page , loads of old posters from here post on it regularly, it’s so sad it’s gone this way
    Like you I remember when this was a great board. TDB Forum took over with a neater format that allowed Off Topic posts in a different part of their forum. Eventually they banned political posts because the threads often resulted in personal abuse and the concentration went on to football and DFC.
    This forum allowed people to question anything and there was lively discussion about the Indyref, whether there should be an Indyref2 etc. Both sides of the discussion were represented and for those, like me who doubt the wisdom of any politicians it was interesting.
    I think the turning point was covid. There seemed to be a discussion which should be held about lockdowns, Governments laying down rules without debate in Parliament and it just was not happening elsewhere.
    I found the discussions interesting and thought all politicians got stick. I thought the attempts to defend either Boris or Nicola unconvincing but there never seemed to be any common ground to build a concensus.
    You named three posters who in my opinion had many more interests than SNP bashing. PATG, double queuing, stopping Doddsy, criticising John Nelms choice of manager, Calmac ferries etc.
    I think the breadth of experience of life shown by Dees provides a much wider range of views than most people would find in their circle of friends and I am disappointed that so few people post on here.
    Will continue to use both forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Like you I remember when this was a great board. TDB Forum took over with a neater format that allowed Off Topic posts in a different part of their forum. Eventually they banned political posts because the threads often resulted in personal abuse and the concentration went on to football and DFC.
    This forum allowed people to question anything and there was lively discussion about the Indyref, whether there should be an Indyref2 etc. Both sides of the discussion were represented and for those, like me who doubt the wisdom of any politicians it was interesting.
    I think the turning point was covid. There seemed to be a discussion which should be held about lockdowns, Governments laying down rules without debate in Parliament and it just was not happening elsewhere.
    I found the discussions interesting and thought all politicians got stick. I thought the attempts to defend either Boris or Nicola unconvincing but there never seemed to be any common ground to build a concensus.
    You named three posters who in my opinion had many more interests than SNP bashing. PATG, double queuing, stopping Doddsy, criticising John Nelms choice of manager, Calmac ferries etc.
    I think the breadth of experience of life shown by Dees provides a much wider range of views than most people would find in their circle of friends and I am disappointed that so few people post on here.
    Will continue to use both forums.
    Thank you for your post.
    The next crisis on the CalMac ferries especially those with a mezzanine deck is the increased weight of electric vehicles compared petrol and diesel powered vehicles.
    Electric vehicles are up to 50% heavier than petrol and diesel powered vehicles due to the increased weight of the batteries.
    It would be interesting to know if the increased weight of electric vehicles has been taken into consideration in the construction of the two new Calmac ferries being built at Ferguson’s shipyard.

Was actually hoping that some former posters would come back a talk about football as well as stuff they know about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)