+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool -v- Wolves match day thread

Jimenez had a 3 on 1 break, chose to pass to Donk instead of Hwang…

Few minutes later Salah puts the Reds in the lead. But Man City has turned their game around and are currently winning.

Finished 3-1. Wolves played a good first half IMO. Outside of a few minutes before Liverpool scored their second, second half was not pretty.

That's a tough result to take really, we played a full part in the Title decider and could, or should have scored at least 3. 3-1 flatters Liverpool. I thought we'd go to Anfield and get turned over, it was far from that. Now it's time to rebuild and go again. FWAW.

Unfortunately, I think any realistic chance we had of taking something from this game came to an end when Neto was injured and replaced by Hee Chan. I'm not blaming Chan for the loss, but have serious doubts about his future prospects at Wolves. All things considered I thought our lads did well to stem the Liverpool attack for most of the game. Now let's hope Fosun get serious about some decent reinforcements for next season.....we shall see !

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Jimenez had a 3 on 1 break, chose to pass to Donk instead of Hwang…

Few minutes later Salah puts the Reds in the lead. But Man City has turned their game around and are currently winning.
    Jimenez worked hard today but like a few others was guilty of poor decision making but I suppose that's what separates the good from the great.

Agreed, that wasn't a 3-1 game.

Anyone heard anything on the Neto injury?

My son showed me a Pedro post claiming all is fine so that's good news.

P*ssed off we dropped 2 places in the last minutes of the season though.

Yes dropping from eighth to tenth has cost us just over four million in prize money. In the end our goal difference cost us two million. The Man City thrashing a few weeks ago the main contributor to the deficit.

I thought we did well yesterday and were unlucky once again not to be awarded a penalty when Toti went down under a push. VAR once again pampered to the top teams.

If you had offered me tenth at the start of the season I would have taken it, but to be sitting in with a chance for Europe just a few weeks ago, and missing out was a big disappointment.

Injury to Kilman came at a bad time and like him of not we really have missed Adama Traore. Recently we were crying out for someone to come on and change the game. Just look at our results since he departed the club. Personally I hope we get him back.

I am looking forward to seeing Morgan Gibbs-White back in a Wolves shirt as well. There will be departures and incomings, let us hope we can get the new signings in early. We have some good youngsters coming through and those that have had a chance this year will be a year more experienced and older.

The fixtures are announced for the 22/23 season in three weeks time, and the start of the new season only about eight weeks away.

The U23s play Stoke tonight at Molineux in the Play off for promotion to div one.. It should be on Wolves TV and U Tube. Good Luck to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)