+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF was Roberts thinking?

WTF was Roberts thinking?

I meant Collins.A totally schoite,underwelmimg first half.We were completely back to our useless selves.Cannot string two passes together against a pretty tame Newcastle.Judging by that first 45 minutes + stoppage time we deserve to go down.No fight.No guile.Slapstick defending.Going down with a whimper unless we change drastically in the second half.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 22-05-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Leeds gifted a pen from which they score.

Brentford look tame especially up front where both strikers are having a mare

Only ourselves to blame after that performance. Didnt deserve anything today.We'll done Leeds at least they fid the business unlike us.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Only ourselves to blame after that performance. Didnt deserve anything today.We'll done Leeds at least they fid the business unlike us.
    We were just as shoite as we have been for most of the season and again could not put the ball in the onion bag just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    We were just as shoite as we have been for most of the season and again could not put the ball in the onion bag just the same.
    Agreed BT. Project Garlick has paid dividends. no investment where it counts then down you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Agreed BT. Project Garlick has paid dividends. no investment where it counts then down you go!
    Yep.We were left behind in the end.The difference in quality was there for all to see.

Had we stayed up, maybe we would have seen some further investment in the squad. Roberts, Collins and Cornet have shown their worth.

I imagine Garlick will not be too distracted from counting his money.

We will have to sell to meet the payments due -so farewell to Pope, Cornet, McNeil and possibly Brownhill.

Will there be any money for new recruits? I doubt it

Will we have enough to compete in the Championship?

In addition, Tarks gone. Who is out of contract this summer? I recall someone suggesting ten players were out of contract.

Who will want to manage a Championship team with no squad, no money?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    In addition, Tarks gone. Who is out of contract this summer? I recall someone suggesting ten players were out of contract.

Who will want to manage a Championship team with no squad, no money?
    Loads of takers, there always is and occasionally one works...

Attachment 21808

I agree BT. I meant who of any merit? Big Sam? Laugh a minute Pulis! Muppet Pardew?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)