+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Its or time - Championship next season

Its or time - Championship next season

I honestly thought we would do enough, as the home team I thought we would win the game.. first 45mins was awful slow lethargic, poor passes , constantly loosing the second ball, lost the midfield battle...why when we are the home team playing to win to stay up, are we starting with 7 defensive players .. 5 at the back with 2 defensive mid players, that tbh are not good enough as we still loose the mid battle... wouldn't mind going down with a fight, I just felt it was more a whimper than a fight!

Exactly FTD I said at half time that we were going down with a whimper.Maybe the game on Thursday took it out of our ageing squad.

There is a reason why PL teams rarely set up as 5-3-2 or 4-4-2. There is a reason for that.

Ok, it got us a point at Villa. Today, we needed to go down fighting. A defensive set up is not, nor was it, the answer. 4-3-3 would have been the better option. Give the Newcastle défense something to worry about whilst trusting the back four and Pope.

Too late now, but if we are to succeed in the Champioship we need to move on from defend, defend, defend.

Genuinely sorry you went down. Good luck next season and hope you do a Fulham and bounce straight back.

Alf - top lad for the post you put on our site - lots of piss take during the season but no malice underneath.

Anyway wish it had been Everton and hope the PL dick them points but don’t think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Genuinely sorry you went down. Good luck next season and hope you do a Fulham and bounce straight back.

Alf - top lad for the post you put on our site - lots of piss take during the season but no malice underneath.

Anyway wish it had been Everton and hope the PL dick them points but don’t think they will.
    There wil be no points docking hopeless because the PL is evidently corrupt to the core and money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    There wil be no points docking hopeless because the PL is evidently corrupt to the core and money talks.
    You are absolutely correct CiB. Everton will not face any meaningful action. Just too big a club to be taken to task. The PL has been thoroughly corrupted. If the legendary Glenda Slagg were to devote her famous column to the subject it might read something like this. Hats off to the Premier League! Greatest league in the World! Greatest Players on the Planet! Premier League?! Aren’tchajustsickofit? Bunch of crazy guys rolling all over the floor! Guess which of those crazy guys I’d be rolling all over the floor with! Geddit!!??! Byeeeee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    There is a reason why PL teams rarely set up as 5-3-2 or 4-4-2. There is a reason for that.

Ok, it got us a point at Villa. Today, we needed to go down fighting. A defensive set up is not, nor was it, the answer. 4-3-3 would have been the better option. Give the Newcastle défense something to worry about whilst trusting the back four and Pope.

Too late now, but if we are to succeed in the Champioship we need to move on from defend, defend, defend.
    Exactly Swiss - the old saying fail to prepare prepare to fail springs to mind .

The biggest game in our history for many years and we set up defensive and then give the opposition a goal start , we got nothing which is what we deserved sadly.

I think In truth at Premiership levels if we’d survived we’d only have extended the inevitable as we wouldn’t have the funds to purchase several quality players to survive next season and going forward.

I agree Army. I could not see us ever being an “established” PL club without massive investment almost year on year. The hope was that the new owners would bring that.

On balance I would rather see us fighting at the top of the Championship than facing a relegation battle every season.

I wouldn't set your target so high, I would consider it a miracle season if we finnish in the top half next season. We have just become the most chaotic team in the North West. probably in the Championship (ewee first time I typed that, felt horrible)

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The biggest game in our history for many years and we set up defensive and then give the opposition a goal start , we got nothing which is what we deserved sadly.
    I read somewhere that Dyche was keeping in touch with the club, perhaps he's been advising on team set up in those last few games? It would explain the drop in form.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)