+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Played their last game for us?

Played their last game for us?

Just wondering who may have played their last game for us?

I'm thinking possibly the following:

Lascelles
    Ritchie - Definite
    Gayle - Definite
    Miggy - Love him but lets cash in.
    Wood - Who would take him, I assume hes on decent wages?
    Dummet
    Fernandez - Rather keep him than Lascelles but I think Howe prefers Lascelles.
    Darlow
    Shelvey
    Lewis - This lad may still have place with us.
    Longstaffs - Massive shame
    Murphy - Just not good enough

I may be very wrong for some of them, but whatever the case, they've all been good servants for the club over the years and I wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Just wondering who may have played their last game for us?

I'm thinking possibly the following:

Lascelles
    Ritchie - Definite
    Gayle - Definite
    Miggy - Love him but lets cash in.
    Wood - Who would take him, I assume hes on decent wages?
    Dummet
    Fernandez - Rather keep him than Lascelles but I think Howe prefers Lascelles.
    Darlow
    Shelvey
    Lewis - This lad may still have place with us.
    Longstaffs - Massive shame
    Murphy - Just not good enough

I may be very wrong for some of them, but whatever the case, they've all been good servants for the club over the years and I wish them all the best.
    Dummett has a new contract.
    Shaun has looked a bit better the last couple of games.
    Would keep Lascelles or Fernandez

Didn't know that about Dummet!

Not a good sign for young Lewis.

Hope we sign Targett too.

Aye. Longstaff looked alright today. Hopefully Eddie can get a tune out of him still.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Aye. Longstaff looked alright today. Hopefully Eddie can get a tune out of him still.
    If anyone can, it'd be Eddie.

Shelvey has been very good under Howe and I'd probably keep him and/or Longstaff. And with regards to him and Longstaff staying, I get what people say about steady not helping us progress but I don't think Howe will rip apart the team. I'd rather they weren't starting because we'd brought in a Bruno-level replacement but, in terms of next season's squad, I wouldn't be too disappointed if either were still part of it.

Miggy, on the other hand, I think needs to go. He has his moments but not enough, for me.

Wood, I'd like to see go. As a stop-gap, let's be honest, he hasn't really worked out and I don't think he suits the way we play particularly. And I know he works hard and is a nice fella, etc, etc...but, well....as a striker, he's not very good, is he.

Murphy, too...I love his attitude and commitment to the club but, if we want to progress, we need to fill his space with someone who has more end product.

Reckon Fernandez has played his last game for us-can't quite work out what's gone wrong with him as he's probably our best CB overall. Howe seems to like Lascelles and there's a possibility that he could get him playing back at the level he was under Rafa when we were singing about him playing for England. Dunno. Again, much as I'm surprising myself by saying this, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he stayed.

What I do know is that I trust Eddie Howe to bring the right players in as much as I trust him to let the right players go.

I suspect the vast majority of that mob will stay.

We should keep:
    • Uncle Fester - useful during deep
    • Lewis - I've seen worse in this league
    • Dummett - not good enough but we've got more urgent positions that need shoring up

I think most will stay as well.

I think we'll see Ritchie, Gayle, Darlow/Gillespie and Clark go. Probably also Miggy and Hayden.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)