+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our new owners.

Our new owners.

They've only been here 18 months and already they've lost us our Premier League status and the best manager we've ever had. I wonder what they can achieve given time ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They've only been here 18 months and already they've lost us our Premier League status and the best manager we've ever had. I wonder what they can achieve given time ?
    Our best manager maybe, but also responsible for our lowly league position. He should have gone 3 months ago, as with him in charge, we were going down anyway.

I'm absolutely gutted with our performance today, but the four season tickets for our next season's promotion winning campaign are all bought and fully paid for.
    I hope Pace reflects on his abject failure as a Chairman and f*cks off on the next flight back to Mormonsville. Sacking Dyche was just too big a risk and it failed. Please go and take your inbred Mormon sycophants with you Alan.
    God only knows where we go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Our best manager maybe,
    No maybe about it, his record with this club given it's finances is outstanding, not one of our other managers runs him even close.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No maybe about it, his record with this club given it's finances is outstanding, not one of our other managers runs him even close.
    Large dose of karma today for Pace Sinkov.I am sure SD does not see it that way and will be sad at our demise and that is why he was the best manager ever for Burnley without a doubt.His tactics were based on the players abilities but his achievements with the investment available will never be matched.I am sure he will be upset tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Large dose of karma today for Pace Sinkov.I am sure SD does not see it that way and will be sad at our demise and that is why he was the best manager ever for Burnley without a doubt.His tactics were based on the players abilities but his achievements with the investment available will never be matched.I am sure he will be upset tonight.
    Not too upset though CiB...

Attachment 21810

Come on!
    We were going down ever since Garlick stopped investing in the club years ago. The only way we were to survive was if an Arab nation bought us. They weren’t interested, so Garlick sold to the one that would fill his own pocket and rob the club. We’re in trouble yes, but I don’t think we would be any better off with Garlick as our chairman or Dyche as our manager. We stopped going forward, couldn’t adapt, was left behind and now relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Come on!
    We were going down ever since Garlick stopped investing in the club years ago. The only way we were to survive was if an Arab nation bought us. They weren’t interested, so Garlick sold to the one that would fill his own pocket and rob the club. We’re in trouble yes, but I don’t think we would be any better off with Garlick as our chairman or Dyche as our manager. We stopped going forward, couldn’t adapt, was left behind and now relegated.
    That Will is the true statement, we’ve been slipping for several seasons before Pace and the yanks arrived , and in truth we didn’t deserve to survive based on the football played and results achieved , I met a lot of fans yesterday who said we were robbed again and conspiracy was at large and I can agree to a point but if you rationale the situation the season is 38 games and our refusal to change , invest , learn what you need to do to win - see games out and cheat ( like every other team ) with going down and time wasting and penalties etc - admirable as it might have been under Dyche and now we don’t know how to manipulate refs and gain an advantage.

I’m not a fan of how Pace and Co bought the club however I will say they did give the manager funds and try to help the situation, whereas Garlick and the previous regime did not for several seasons - before we jump on the band wagon the Chris wood sale they didn’t know would happen to off set some of their spending.

Frustrating as it is that we’re relegated as said above it has been coming for some time it’s not really a surprise to any of us.

The situation was compounded by several injuries to senior players that left us without options for Wacko JAcko to even try and change the game, he did ok for me but struggled to see past the Dyche way on our last game of the season to keep our premiership status.

We needed a clean sweep a new brush new players and a new manager imo anyway - when the anger has diminished from not being in The premiership anymore we’ll all recognise that and get behind our great club - make no mistake we are a great club - we’ll come again and I think the yanks might surprise a few - if they get the right manager and nucleus of players we could be a force again - the building process has to start NOW and the manger appointment is critical.

When we’ve all watched the blood and thunder of championship football without the rolling about and the divine intervention of Var ( when it suits them that is ) football for us will be a much happier place.

Carlos Carvahall please for me please - and some young exciting progressive and aggressive footballers to take us on our next journey.

Im a little sad that the best footballers in the world won’t be coming to the turf week in week out - but I’m over it already - here’s to great football new ideas and a new start.

Good positive response, Army.

I think it is wrong to blame Pace & Co. They made some funds available to bring in Roberts, Collins, Cornet and Weghorst. More than Garlick et al did. Dale Stephens?

Chris Wood had a release clause in his contract. He could have said “no” but chose to move on. Not a lot Pace could do if he wanted out.

Here’s to an interesting Summer. That will shape the season to come. Hopefully a mixture of experience and youth to face the rough and tumble of the Championship. A Manager with some new ideas and a desire to dominate the ball and the opposition -no more 35% possession and hoping to “nick a goal”.

My only criticism of Pace & Co is that they delayed sacking Saint Sean. We were struggling from day one of last season, with platitudes that “the squad had been there before”, that there was enough quality in the squad, provided that they followed the Gospel according to Saint Sean.

If you are around the good folk of people in Bolton for an hour or so you will hear the phrase, "it is what it is" quite a lot.

There is no point in retrospective analysis now. Pace or ALK need to come clean and tell us exactly what it is we are facing and whether they intend to stay and rebuild from the ground up.

Pace has already said we must sell to survive, the sales of Pope, Brownhill, Cornet and McNeil will steady the ship, after that it's anybody's guess.

The future of the Academy is under threat, what is going to happen to the 50 odd young professionals Pace & Co had put so much faith in?

Unless real positive vibes come out of our newish owners and are quickly followed with positive action, sinkov's "Black Hole" will include more than just Gawthorpe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)