+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham Wasn't Very Good Today

Wrexham Wasn't Very Good Today

We're going to need them to be poor for a third game running if we get that far.

Grimsby to deal with first, but Wrexham doesn't seem quite as daunting as it was a couple of weeks ago. If we managed to beat both of them my nightmare scenario would be losing to Solihull in the final. Nothing could be more typical Notts than the manager who took us out of the Football League being the manager who prevented us getting back into the Football League!

*shudder*

Unsurprisingly I'd much rather lose comfortably and disappointly in North Wales than face that scenario.

Its the obvious bet but I fancy Wrexham to win it. In very good form at the tail end of the season, the best squad/XI, at home with a large passionate crowd in the semi finals.

They may have viewed today as an inconvenience to some degree, I certainly don't think they would be playing at 100% with the playoffs less than a week later so not reading much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Grimsby to deal with first, but Wrexham doesn't seem quite as daunting as it was a couple of weeks ago. If we managed to beat both of them my nightmare scenario would be losing to Solihull in the final. Nothing could be more typical Notts than the manager who took us out of the Football League being the manager who prevented us getting back into the Football League!
    In the same month Fword and Stags both go up. Then WWIII starts and that's how it all ends, with Laddo having the last word on this forum "Only on mad".

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    *shudder*

Unsurprisingly I'd much rather lose comfortably and disappointly in North Wales than face that scenario.

Its the obvious bet but I fancy Wrexham to win it. In very good form at the tail end of the season, the best squad/XI, at home with a large passionate crowd in the semi finals.

They may have viewed today as an inconvenience to some degree, I certainly don't think they would be playing at 100% with the playoffs less than a week later so not reading much into it.
    I read more into the scale of the loss at Dagenham when they still had a chance of winning the title. Parkinson had a haunted look on his face after that game. That said, I still agree with you, Wrexham are strong favourites for the play-offs. The only way any of the other teams have a chance is if Wrexham put in a sub-par performance, otherwise their best beats everyone else's best, including ours.

If Grimsby beat us tomorrow I’d quite fancy them to win there, so the same applies to us.

*shudder*

You should go on their forum Laddo. They won’t agree about form or squad. They are bemoaning the players that were there last season and this. They have 2 outstanding forwards for this level, but stop them getting the ball and they struggle, like today. By all accounts they aren’t great defensively (sounds familiar) either.
    I’m not bothered about anyone. If we play as we can, we win. As we all know we have blips, let’s hope we don’t have one in the next 2 weeks.

*shudder*

Not reading much into this result either. Wrexham are at home in the SF. They have the strongest side. They will be overwhelming favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You should go on their forum Laddo. They won’t agree about form or squad. They are bemoaning the players that were there last season and this. They have 2 outstanding forwards for this level, but stop them getting the ball and they struggle, like today. By all accounts they aren’t great defensively (sounds familiar) either.
    I’m not bothered about anyone. If we play as we can, we win. As we all know we have blips, let’s hope we don’t have one in the next 2 weeks.
    No thanks.

As jackal says if Wrexham play really well against anyone they win the game. I don't fancy anyone to win at their place.

Although not tempted by their odds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast