+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome to the Championship Lads....

Welcome to the Championship Lads....

for me I prefer it anyway, great league, anyone can beat anyone, no diva's but with your parachute payments an Chris Wood's money I can see you will be getting in some good players and would be walking with a spring in your step on your way to Turf Moor once again. And of course you will be welcome with a raucous roar when you come back down to the Den again. It's cool to be a Cat.

Thanks claw84 and we look forward to locking horns at The Den next season.
    What a lot of our fans forget is that we have spent 14 seasons in The Championship this Century, that is just one less than yourselves. They should also reflect on the fact that, at the turn of the Century, both yourselves and us we playing in League One.

A man, common to both our clubs, was responsible for our reaching the dizzy, if corrupt, heights of the PL and he has paid the price for being unable to sustain our stay in that division. What saddens me so much is the fact that so many fans just do not appreciate the job wihch he did, both on and off the field. Good luck for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    What a lot of our fans forget is that we have spent 14 seasons in The Championship this Century, that is just one less than yourselves. They should also reflect on the fact that, at the turn of the Century, both yourselves and us we playing in League One.

A man, common to both our clubs, was responsible for our reaching the dizzy, if corrupt, heights of the PL and he has paid the price for being unable to sustain our stay in that division. What saddens me so much is the fact that so many fans just do not appreciate the job wihch he did, both on and off the field. Good luck for next season.
    Thanks Supersub, yes I take it about SD, he did such a lot for your club, we would take him as our manager were it not for the fact Gary |Rowett does not plan to go. But as I say I think you will do well next season, so good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

I have no doubt that the vast, vast majority of fans appreciate what SD has done for the club and that he was not backed in the transfer market. However, whilst the team was being strengthened with Roberts, Collins, Cornet and, perhaps, Weghorst, he was not moving on - expecting them to adapt to “the Burnley way”, hence the poor results this season - summed up by the Norwich result.

Many, many thanks go to SD but a new era beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    for me I prefer it anyway, great league, anyone can beat anyone, no diva's but with your parachute payments an Chris Wood's money I can see you will be getting in some good players and would be walking with a spring in your step on your way to Turf Moor once again. And of course you will be welcome with a raucous roar when you come back down to the Den again. It's cool to be a Cat.
    How can a team like Burnley possibly compete in a league where a team like Manchester United can allow 10 out of contract players leave and simply write off £400 million?

Best away days ever in the Championship - the EPL and VAR can f*ck right off, I'm sick of their blatant corruption.

Last time we won the Championship me and the youngest lad went to every game home and away except one, this time my grandson will be joining us. UTC#

Attachment 21814

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How can a team like Burnley possibly compete in a league where a team like Manchester United can allow 10 out of contract players leave and simply write off £400 million?

Best away days ever in the Championship - the EPL and VAR can f*ck right off, I'm sick of their blatant corruption.

Last time we won the Championship me and the youngest lad went to every game home and away except one, this time my grandson will be joining us. UTC#

Attachment 21814
    Exactly Bedders, I hear Declan Rice turned down £260, 000 a week WHAT!!!!!!, crazy money, the most we ever paid for a player was £1.2 Million, that was a rare one.

Hey up Claw,you OK mate?

Can you sort those Russians out in your spare time mate?.lol

Looking forward to the Summer Alfie, howabout you, and after that the World Cup in Qatar of all places, I had the misfortune to work there one Summer,, you just sweat all the time. As for the Russians, looks like the Ukrainians are doing a pretty good jo of kicking their butts.

Same here Claw,I'm away in my motorhome next week for a few weeks.Need a long break after all this football or lack of it. Lol.
    Look forward to playing the Wall next season and getting rid of VAR.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)