+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are the nerves everyone?

Getting nervous but know we have the ability to win 3 games. Hopefully the officials don't play a part in our future.

(We don't technically have to win 3 games, 3 draws will do as long as we don't miss a penalty )

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

*The last time I got carried away with optimism was the Hardy-Nolan summer of doom. I genuinely thought we'd be in for a promotion campaign. We ended up getting relegated, with our owner getting his old man out on social media. I learned my lesson.
    That was a complete train wreck of a season. I couldn't believe the mess the club was dragged through. Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, the old man was put on parade

I was feeling ok about tonight, but now reading these messages I feel the nerves a bit.

Hoping for a cracking game under the lights

I'm not nervous, but i must have had something dodgy for breakfast because I can't stay of the loo!

Lying on a beach near Cala Gonone Sardinia (just thought I’d get that in), knackered after five days of tough hiking. Great news is that the other half is tired and wants an early dinner and bed, better news is that BT Sport worked for the Trophy final so have big hopes I can watch most of the game tonight. The nerves - pretty good really, as confident as ever and know that if we lose the pain never lasts long and we go again next year. If we win I’ll be online tomorrow to get tic-tacs for Saturday. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I'm not nervous, but i must have had something dodgy for breakfast because I can't stay of the loo!
    Oh dear....that doesn't sound good.....I was thinking about getting in the Broken Wheelbarrow early for a few pints and a burger to calm the ever-increasing nerves but I don't think I'll bother with the food now!
    COYP

Can’t remember feeling this nervous for previous play-off matches. Not sure why though

Quote Originally Posted by CookieGuy View Post
    Elite, have a pie and pint for me please
    I'll have to give the pie a miss, but I'm already making up for it on the pints!

I'm feeling more confident now I'm in Nottingham and the game is nearly upon us, think we'll do the business tonight and then the Wrexham game will be the real test. I have a good feeling we might be really up for this and blow them away with our play. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    *The last time I got carried away with optimism was the Hardy-Nolan summer of doom. I genuinely thought we'd be in for a promotion campaign. We ended up getting relegated, with our owner getting his old man out on social media. I learned my lesson.
    Ha ha funny mate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast