+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are the nerves everyone?

How are the nerves everyone?

I was doing OK until I watched this:

https://www.facebook.com/10006362962...HoCwl/?app=fbl

Fine!! Quite sanguine today. I can't make the game so I've got my old man and daughter to watch with on the telly, looking forward to the game.

Deep down I gave up on us going up several weeks back so I'm not getting too swept up at the moment. I know we have the talent to do it now, but 3 wins on the bounce is a tall order.

(Ask me again at 7pm and I might be a little more nervous...)

My stress levels are doubled because it matters so much to me personally what Fword are doing as well. No amount of people saying "Forget about them, we have to concentrate on what we do" is going to change that, it's just how my make-up as a follower of this game is.

I'm not sure I'd be able to cope if I was as emotionally invested in Notts as I used to be, when I was a regular, but going through all that I did at that ground, I'd like to think that the days of Sirrel, Warnock and Allardyce will remain significant, that those achievements will continue to shape expectations and inspire a proper revival, I'd hate to see my era supporting Notts become a mere prelude to a sorry tale of a long forgotten insignificant non-league club.

What those players in that video are saying are spot on. Supporters can have a massive influence. Notts have still got decent numbers, so we need to make the most of that. Players do have to do their bit on the pitch also to get them involved.

Fine, they won't kick in till the match actually starts.

I'm doing OK. I've been wearing my Notts shirt with pride all day, and I'm really looking forward to watching the game. I'm not particularly nervous because I honestly don't think we have what it takes to win the three games to secure promotion. I would love to be proven wrong, of course.

Being a Notts fan has taught me to be wary of getting too optimistic*. I know it sounds pretty bleak, but I tend to imagine what the maximum pain outcome might be, and then assume that it will probably happen. So in this case, it's Forest going up and us not. I've already mentally prepared for that outcome, so anything else would be a pleasant surprise.

Expect the worst, but hope for the best. It works for me. That said, the nerves will probably kick in later on, especially if it's a tight game.

*The last time I got carried away with optimism was the Hardy-Nolan summer of doom. I genuinely thought we'd be in for a promotion campaign. We ended up getting relegated, with our owner getting his old man out on social media. I learned my lesson.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 23-05-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Agree with other posters, the long wait for this game plus the knowledge that we face a 3-game assault course tempers the nerves (I think it was the Aldershot game that beat most of the hope out of me).

Starting to count down the minutes now. I can't use my usual free parking in Lady Bay retail park as it closes at 10pm, so I'll be taking the bus or tram and having a few pre-drinks to calm the nerves. I just hope the game is decided by the players and not the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Starting to count down the minutes now. I can't use my usual free parking in Lady Bay retail park as it closes at 10pm, so I'll be taking the bus or tram and having a few pre-drinks to calm the nerves. I just hope the game is decided by the players and not the officials.
    Getting nervy now
    I too hope we don't have some poor officials however it's a big ask at this level

Bit nervous here in Maryland. I'll watch on TV. Be awesome to win the next 3 games, but it's just not the Notts way is it?
    If I expect a 2-0 drubbing tonight, followed by IB's resignation tomorrow, then anything else will be a plus.LOL
    I've been a Notts fan too long to know to expect the worst and roll with the punches.

Elite, have a pie and pint for me please

My day off today, and boy has it dragged, can't wait to get the 17.10 bus and be in the ground ready at 17.45. We can do this right!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast