+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are the nerves everyone?

I'm nervous. Can't help it. Sitting in the Pavis with my old man tonight and not exactly expecting a restful evening.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Lying on a beach near Cala Gonone Sardinia (just thought I’d get that in), knackered after five days of tough hiking. Great news is that the other half is tired and wants an early dinner and bed, better news is that BT Sport worked for the Trophy final so have big hopes I can watch most of the game tonight. The nerves - pretty good really, as confident as ever and know that if we lose the pain never lasts long and we go again next year. If we win I’ll be online tomorrow to get tic-tacs for Saturday. COYP.
    Cracking little resort that, we stayed in Cala Gonone and both hiked over to the beaches, and hired an inflatable.... beautiful crystal clear water too.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Lying on a beach near Cala Gonone Sardinia (just thought I’d get that in), knackered after five days of tough hiking. Great news is that the other half is tired and wants an early dinner and bed, better news is that BT Sport worked for the Trophy final so have big hopes I can watch most of the game tonight. The nerves - pretty good really, as confident as ever and know that if we lose the pain never lasts long and we go again next year. If we win I’ll be online tomorrow to get tic-tacs for Saturday. COYP.
    Not feeling confident at all, strange really, not normally like this

On the way in. A tad nervous. Though the ticket lady has told me the Grimsby train has broken down - and they are delighted after they trashed one on the last visit.

I’ve been pacing around all day.
    My philosophy prior to today was that we’re probably going to be in the NL next season and I’m ok with that.
    Now I feel sick!!!

Everytime we lose in the NL play offs, it's like being relegated out of the EFL all over again.
    Horrible to think we could be just 3 hours or so from being condemned once again.

These single leg play off ties don't give you any chance take stock and mentally prepare. You've usually got some idea of what the outcome might be after a 1st leg, but this is like three finals in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Everytime we lose in the NL play offs, it's like being relegated out of the EFL all over again.
    Horrible to think we could be just 3 hours or so from being condemned once again.

These single leg play off ties don't give you any chance take stock and mentally prepare. You've usually got some idea of what the outcome might be after a 1st leg, but this is like three finals in a row.
    The NL isn't that bad, once you're down and used to it. At least we win a few games and are in with a shout of promotion each year. It's better than the pre-Munto L2 days.

Obviously I want us to go up (and up again), but it's not the football graveyard it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’ve been pacing around all day.
    My philosophy prior to today was that we’re probably going to be in the NL next season and I’m ok with that.
    Now I feel sick!!!
    Similar here KTD. Mind you, I once stood with my back to the game for the last few minutes of a second half - at Posh, during one of our great escapes.

Hope it's a fantastic night for those of you there tonight, everything crossed here in France. COYP!

Eranu

As always with Notts, I prepared myself for disappointment, but they still managed to surprise me in the delivery of that disappointment.

Vintage Notts to be fair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123