+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Following relegation - what next? What's the plan guys?

Question Following relegation - what next? What's the plan guys?

No doubt this thread will run until August.

First job - appoint a manager?

First of all, decide which players will have to be sold, we don't need a manager for that, it's a job for the accountants. Then when we have the finances back under control we need to decide on the budget for next year. Once we know how much money there will be to spend on incoming players and their wages, then we can look for a manager. Until we can tell the next manager how much we can afford to pay him, and what his budget will be, there's no point looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    First of all, decide which players will have to be sold, we don't need a manager for that, it's a job for the accountants. Then when we have the finances back under control we need to decide on the budget for next year. Once we know how much money there will be to spend on incoming players and their wages, then we can look for a manager. Until we can tell the next manager how much we can afford to pay him, and what his budget will be, there's no point looking for one.
    Pope, McNeil, Cornet, Brownhill and Taylor are all clearing out their lockers mon ami. Pace will borrow/mortgage the money until the transfer fees come in.

Money?

Attachment 21816

Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pope, McNeil, Cornet, Brownhill and Taylor are all clearing out their lockers mon ami.
    Good, so they've done the first thing they needed to do, now we need to see how much money they bring in, if it's enough then fine, if not then we need to draw up a 2nd list.

At least we'll now be able to give prospective managers the names of 14 players who won't be playing for them next season, and will need replacing. I know managers are gluttons for punishment, but if I was a Championship level manager looking for a job, I'd be sorely tempted to pass this one up and look elsewhere.

What's the next plan? It's Plan B and if that doesn't work Plan C and we will have no idea what those are or even if they exist.
    Get to plan D though and it could be insolvency.We have heard and will no doubt hear from Mr Pace again that everything is fine.We are in a position where we can do nothing whatsoever about it,after all we are just supporters not Corporate partners,sponsors,media enablers or
    technical advisers.They all get paid,supporters just pay up and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    What's the next plan? It's Plan B and if that doesn't work Plan C and we will have no idea what those are or even if they exist.
    Get to plan D though and it could be insolvency.We have heard and will no doubt hear from Mr Pace again that everything is fine.We are in a position where we can do nothing whatsoever about it,after all we are just supporters not Corporate partners,sponsors,media enablers or
    technical advisers.They all get paid,supporters just pay up and shut up.
    The media love stuff like the 65 million call in on loans and it will kill Burnley and on and on.

Loans can get re negotiated you know people maybe half paid initially and spread the risk I mean without a club there is no loan repayment anyway and they miss out completely- Burnley is a going concern and business - the last thing they’ll want to do is for close on a loan.

It doesn’t look good I accept that but there are ways and means to make things work, maybe Garlick can hold off as well if there is monies owing him being a true supporter of the club and all.

I’m not panicking yet , I’m calm and looking to see what happens before I contribute to more panic than anyone needs.

I'm hoping Pace is better at juggling money than he is at running a football team army88.

All we can do is...

Attachment 21818

"It doesn’t look good I accept that but there are ways and means to make things work,"

I suppose Army, as long as you keep the taxman off your back, you can string it along for a while, but here are some clubs who also thought there were ways and means of making it work, until there weren't, and they ended up in Admin.

Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth, Hull City, QPR, Bradford City, Barnsley, Leicester, Derby, Ipswich, Wimbledon, Bury, Oldham, Wrexham, Rotherham, Leeds, Luton, Southampton, Stockport, Plymouth Argyle, Port Vale, Coventry City, Bolton, Wigan Athletic. It's by no means an exhaustive list, there are more, and there's nothing magical about Burnley FC that will keep us off that list, there are bigger clubs than us on it.

Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Exciting times.
    Not a thing that we can do about any of it, just sit back and enjoy --------or otherwise! Que sera, sera. All very sad really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)