+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current state of play

Current state of play

Is Clowes buying the ground off Mel? Or will it be the council? Or will Mel lease it to CK? The latter might lead to some fans boycotting games to avoid putting cash into MMs pocket.

Are Cardiff really looking at Allsop now they've just signed a keeper? Are we really interested in Flint? Surely Lee Gregory would be a retrograde step, wouldn't it? With Rooney on holiday in Dubai or similar, who is talking to players about contracts? Do we even know how much we have to spend or are discussions not yet going on and won't be until PP and all the i's are dotted and t's crossed?

Despite all this, various DCFC fora are full of fans predicting an instant return to the SBC. Based on what in God's name?

I'm sure there are more questions that need asking and answering. Hopefully all within the next 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Is Clowes buying the ground off Mel? Or will it be the council? Or will Mel lease it to CK? The latter might lead to some fans boycotting games to avoid putting cash into MMs pocket.

Are Cardiff really looking at Allsop now they've just signed a keeper? Are we really interested in Flint? Surely Lee Gregory would be a retrograde step, wouldn't it? With Rooney on holiday in Dubai or similar, who is talking to players about contracts? Do we even know how much we have to spend or are discussions not yet going on and won't be until PP and all the i's are dotted and t's crossed?

Despite all this, various DCFC fora are full of fans predicting an instant return to the SBC. Based on what in God's name?

I'm sure there are more questions that need asking and answering. Hopefully all within the next 8 days.
    I ignore whats in the media and especially the DET! As for social media, half truths conspiracy theories and Thickys friends feeding him *******s!!

If I read another load of fake news about Mike Ashley being interested, don't actually believe he was except in the medias minds, I will metaphorically scream!!

One would hope that CK knew what was going to happen with the ground before getting involved, curious if he didn't. As for not putting money in Mel's pocket, well if the grounds sold or leased it makes no odds surely?

the ass hole is obsessed with me.
    I don't comment, he brings me into his every sentence. I comment. he's there feet first.

Apparently I don't warrent attention, yet he obviously has an erection every time he posts.

I'm not a batty boy Fail.
    You're not my type and I butter my bread the other way, so find another *** toy.

Just weird, you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    As for not putting money in Mel's pocket, well if the grounds sold or leased it makes no odds surely?
    It does make "odds" if it's MM leasing the ground to CK/DCFC.

This whole CK thing is not inspiring me with any confidence at all, yes clearly he has money but he's not even close to what MM had and has still got, I've just got a suspicion that he's going to be borrowing lots and lots of money and this isn't going to end well at all, something just doesn't feel right

I suppose one aspect could be that he is fronting up a consortium of people with better lined pockets, but there has been no hint of that leaked out. he does seem to have the "free wealth" of a third division owner, which is somewhat troubling

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Forgive the optimism, MA...but based on the fact that last season our results (without the points deductions) had us as a mid table Championship side which more than held its own against some of the Championship high flyers...and that makes us an unusually able addition to League One...so long as we don’t lose too many players.

I’m not one of those suggesting we’re nailed on as returnees to the Championship this time next year but, providing things don’t collapse now and we’re allowed to strengthen, we should be in with a decent shout.

As for the signings rumours. Flint would make sense...he’s the sort of uncompromising defender that we could do with in League One and is local...we can’t expect Davies to repeat the magnificent every minute of last season performance next time round...but with Cashin, Buchanan and possibly Forsyth we should then be covered for CD.

I know that Allsop has recently bought a house locally (within half an hour of PP) and it’s a fair old trek to and from Cardiff...his ability with the ball at his feet is indispensable to the way Rooney wants to play...and he is very happy at Derby. I understand that uncertainty makes players understandably concerned about their incomes but if things can be sorted I believe he’ll stay.

Doubt that Lee Gregory is anything more than press speculation/mischief. I agree it would seem a retrograde step but rumours inevitably begin in the press. Some are rubbish and some are well founded...personally I hope Flint joins and Allsop stays...I’m sure Rooney will have had a ‘shopping list’ before he left and there’s still a week of May left. There’ll be others at the club capable of sorting the details so him being on holiday isn’t, imo, a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    the ass hole is obsessed with me.
    I don't comment, he brings me into his every sentence. I comment. he's there feet first.

Apparently I don't warrent attention, yet he obviously has an erection every time he posts.

I'm not a batty boy Fail.
    You're not my type and I butter my bread the other way, so find another *** toy.

Just weird, you really are.
    I looked at this on the basis that it ought to be a football comment, and I find this rather perturbing post. Have yu gone completely mad? I'd seek professional help quickly as its sad to see your obvious decline into insanity, still i guess the failur eof Brexit is gnawing away at you.

Oh and where in this thread have I ever mentioned you?

Also if you so unbothered why the capitals stating liar in one of your posts sadass?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I looked at this on the basis that it ought to be a football comment, and I find this rather perturbing post. Have yu gone completely mad? I'd seek professional help quickly as its sad to see your obvious decline into insanity, still i guess the failur eof Brexit is gnawing away at you.

Oh and where in this thread have I ever mentioned you?

Also if you so unbothered why the capitals stating liar in one of your posts sadass?
    Comedy gold, you couldn't make it up
    Does someone want to educate this ignoramus please?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Forgive the optimism, MA...but based on the fact that last season our results (without the points deductions) had us as a mid table Championship side which more than held its own against some of the Championship high flyers...and that makes us an unusually able addition to League One...so long as we don’t lose too many players.

I’m not one of those suggesting we’re nailed on as returnees to the Championship this time next year but, providing things don’t collapse now and we’re allowed to strengthen, we should be in with a decent shout.

That's the crux of the matter though rA. As things stand we have 3 players plus possibly 2 more IF the EFL eventually allows us to trigger options. No idea what, if any, sanctions we'll have next season. It's not a solid foundation to be predicting autos or even playoffs for that matter. This time next week players can talk to other clubs. We have heard from Rooney that he wants to keep 95% of the squad and that all the squad want to play for him. There comes a point where players will NEED to sort their future out and they will no longer wait around just in case DCFC gets sorted and we can offer contracts. Simply realism on my part at this juncture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)