+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Plymouth Argyle pitch damaged by intruders

Plymouth Argyle pitch damaged by intruders

It will be some loutish piss head who thought it might be funny at the time. Money is tight at most lower league clubs and looking at the report, they could well have done without that happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-61698748

Not the first time this has happened to them though.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-30360928

I remember when someone broke into Millmoor and poured oil on the pitch I think. Also didnt someone try to burn down the main stand but perhaps not go into that too much eh?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I remember when someone broke into Millmoor and poured oil on the pitch I think. Also didnt someone try to burn down the main stand but perhaps not go into that too much eh?
    I thought the incident at Millmoor was where someone got in started to dig up SWFC but only managed SW or am I just thinking that?

The burning down of the stand was at Donny and their Chairman got several years for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I thought the incident at Millmoor was where someone got in started to dig up SWFC but only managed SW or am I just thinking that?

The burning down of the stand was at Donny and their Chairman got several years for it.
    There was the infamous incident where a 'crew' broke into Millmoor one Sunday and daubed the place with red paint. I believe some miscreants even traveled across continents to take part in the heinous act

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    There was the infamous incident where a 'crew' broke into Millmoor one Sunday and daubed the place with red paint. I believe some miscreants even traveled across continents to take part in the heinous act
    .......indeed there were. Rumour has it that several Pukka Pies were consumed by one greedy painter, name withheld for security reasons, who even ate one cold!

After we left Millmoor, someone from Booty's caught thieves trying to pinch the Floodlight cables. Imagine them taking them to Boothy's and weighing them in....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It will be some loutish piss head who thought it might be funny at the time. Money is tight at most lower league clubs and looking at the report, they could well have done without that happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-61698748
    I blame the Ipswich fans

I said to a committee man at our club, sorry to hear about the fire. He said, shut up, it's not while next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I said to a committee man at our club, sorry to hear about the fire. He said, shut up, it's not while next week.
    🤣 🤣