+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Is that you condoning the black market?

Tax free fish for the masses.
    When I did the Wednesday fish hoose delivery duty as relief driver, I used to be given a fry at almost every fish hoose. When I got back to the depot, I would lay it all oot, haddock, yalla haddock, skate wings, even lemon sole (!!) for the factory staff to help themselves. Then I’d sluice oot the back of the truck and go hame for a shower, leaving my work boots steeping in a tray of water and detergent to get rid of the odour.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    We are 5th in the line up of teams in the competition. (A very poor do that we are in the competition at all) So why would you suggest we don't DESERVE to be in the top seeds?
    Due to the fact that we are actually fkn horsesh1t min, so why should we think we have any right at all to be considered as a top seed that in itself is laughable

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    It might be that BUS’s hobby is finding every opportunity possible to criticise the club. In my 47 years living in the city, I have become almost inured to the ramblings of Toonsers who continually do the club down on any pretext, but are always keen to get tickets for the bigger occasions.

Theories include having been bottle-fed, or having been denied essential oils and Omega 3 by their upwardly-mobile parents, covetous of a Westhill semi-detached, refusing to do anything so working class as accepting a fry.

Just a theory.
    I can confirm and prove (if you are in the slightest bit interested) that you theory is indeed sh1te min.
    But anyway each to their own and all that

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Due to the fact that we are actually fkn horsesh1t min, so why should we think we have any right at all to be considered as a top seed that in itself is laughable
    To be honest, I’m quite happy to abide by what are obviously the rules and arrangements of the competition. If Premiership clubs in the lower half the previous season are seeded as that is the merit criterion, so be it.

I’m totally against seeding in principle of course. The ‘Champions’ League’ is the biggest bit of fitba gerrymandering known to me. It is a cartel designed to ensure that the rich get richer. Stick every qualifier (one per member country) into a big ****-off hat and draw it. If Manchester City draw Barcelona in the first round over two legs, get ****ing over it and play at at 7.30 on a Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    To be honest, I’m quite happy to abide by what are obviously the rules and arrangements of the competition. If Premiership clubs in the lower half the previous season are seeded as that is the merit criterion, so be it.

I’m totally against seeding in principle of course. The ‘Champions’ League’ is the biggest bit of fitba gerrymandering known to me. It is a cartel designed to ensure that the rich get richer. Stick every qualifier (one per member country) into a big ****-off hat and draw it. If Manchester City draw Barcelona in the first round over two legs, get ****ing over it and play at at 7.30 on a Wednesday night.
    we finally agree on something

Thirded

So it's Raith Rovers (again), Peterheid, Dumbarton and Stirling Albion.

Who we play home and away and dates of games to be announced later

If it’s Dumbarton away, I’ll give you all the tourist guide. I know a lot of you were upset about missing the last one due to Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If it’s Dumbarton away, I’ll give you all the tourist guide. I know a lot of you were upset about missing the last one due to Covid
    Is the Courthouse still there? Had a few wild drunken nights in there

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Is the Courthouse still there? Had a few wild drunken nights in there
    It shut down over 15 years ago. Best pub fight I ever saw was in there. A huge squad of Aston Villa casuals we’re up for the England game in ‘99 & decided they’d trash it. Unfortunately, it was the same evening the Renton Boxing Club we’re having their yearly night out. Total carnage.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast