+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If it’s Dumbarton away, I’ll give you all the tourist guide. I know a lot of you were upset about missing the last one due to Covid
    I’ll be in the Rosneath Peninsula next week. I’ll scope it out.

It shut down over 15 years ago. Best pub fight I ever saw was in there. A huge squad of Aston Villa casuals we’re up for the England game in ‘99 & decided they’d trash it. Unfortunately, it was the same evening the Renton Boxing Club we’re having their yearly night out. Total carnage.
    Sad times. Must have been about 20 years ago I was last in. Being from the east coast it was the first pub i'd ever seen buckfast up on the wall with an optic. We were celebrating that night and I asked the barmaid if they had any fizzy type wine to celebrate with.The answer was roughly no but there may have been other words attached!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’ll be in the Rosneath Peninsula next week. I’ll scope it out.
    Mind and give the peace camp a toot as you drive by.

A few really nice places to eat in Helensburgh these days. The Clyde Bar still has nice Tennents & the most spectacular collection of Dumbarton FC garden gnomes you’ll find anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Sad times. Must have been about 20 years ago I was last in. Being from the east coast it was the first pub i'd ever seen buckfast up on the wall with an optic. We were celebrating that night and I asked the barmaid if they had any fizzy type wine to celebrate with.The answer was roughly no but there may have been other words attached!!!
    The Keep used to sell Eldorado on tap as ‘Peruvian Brandy’

If it’s Dumbarton away, I’ll give you all the tourist guide. I know a lot of you were upset about missing the last one due to Covid
    “Here’s the Erskine Bridge - popular suicide spot for the locals”

“Here’s a wee hill that looks a bit like an elephant”

“Erm….. who fancies a pint of Eldorado”?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    “Here’s the Erskine Bridge - popular suicide spot for the locals”

“Here’s a wee hill that looks a bit like an elephant”

“Erm….. who fancies a pint of Eldorado”?
    That already sounds better than most away days in Scotland.

Well,looks like I can get away with pretending I'm abroad in Dumbarton. Peterhead will be like visiting some Latvian side. Kirkcaldy however,..hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Well,looks like I can get away with pretending I'm abroad in Dumbarton. Peterhead will be like visiting some Latvian side. Kirkcaldy however,..hmmm?
    It’s the little known province, east of Karelia, neutral despite both Russian and Finnish claims on its territory. The forgotten of the former-CCCP Baltic states, Linovia.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Peterhead will be like visiting some Latvian side.
    Oh aye, the talent will be about the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Oh aye, the talent will be about the same too.
    I spent some time working in Riga in 2011, and had to visit on several other occasions. I’d question the implication that Latvian women resemble “Bulgarian shot-putters” put about as Cold War propaganda. Very many are extremely easy on the eye. The women workers I witnessed in Crosse & Blackwell, Stevensons, and various fish companies in the Blue Toon, however, did not present themselves too well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast