+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: League Cup 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    We’ve used the left hand dugout since I first went to Pittodrie in 1966. Consensus in section V that the change to the right dugout yesterday is so that our bench can have a better vantage point for berating the stand-side linesman/woman/other gender IDs.

It looks ****ing odd, like.
    Goodwin said on the wireless that it is for that very reason.

Time to get rid of the filth, and sub-human detritus that infests the seating behind the other official, intimidating the unfortunate man/woman/whatever. Ban them altogether.

I agree
    But you can hardly call a linesman unfortunate.

It really is their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I agree
    But you can hardly call a linesman unfortunate.

It really is their own fault.
    You think? Most of them seem to await the referee’s decision and then flag to agree. The linesman beside me at Kynoch Park on Saturday was wearing an earpiece in his left lug, so when our bench was shouting,”Hemmin, lino min, sub min”, he failed to hear them, and half a dozen of us had to let him know that The Ginger Kid was waiting to come on. FFS.

I always tell a new Highland League linesman/woman/whatever, “I’ve been here since 1966, and no Keith player has EVER been offside as far as I’ve seen. Just listen to me and you’ll do fine”.

It never works.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

I always tell a new Highland League linesman/woman/whatever, “I’ve been here since 1966, and no Keith player has EVER been offside as far as I’ve seen. Just listen to me and you’ll do fine”.

It never works.
    You obviously need to work on having an intimidating presence. Say it without wearing the make up and see how that goes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678