+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts anybody ?

Thoughts anybody ?

I’m extremely grateful to the Open Letter Group not just for taking the initiative but for doing so in the manner they have. I appreciate the time is not perfect with all that’s going on at the club right now in terms of restructure, recruitment, relegation and the sale of season tickets but I’m afraid this moment was inevitable. In my opinion the longer JN decides that he will not meet with this group the deeper a hole he is digging not only for himself but for the club and it’s supporters. Time will tell where this takes us, but it is surely in everyone’s interests that people work together. There’s really only one man can change the direction, approach and attitude shown from within the Dundee Boardroom - that in itself is not ideal. Blaming and replacing successive managers and deflecting attention has kept the lid on the pot for quite a long time. People are seeing through that and it’s now way past being monotonous. Our core support has been dwindling, those hanging in have been extremely patient ….. the results of the survey prove that it could still go from bad to worse.
    Dundee FC cannot afford that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I’m extremely grateful to the Open Letter Group not just for taking the initiative but for doing so in the manner they have. I appreciate the time is not perfect with all that’s going on at the club right now in terms of restructure, recruitment, relegation and the sale of season tickets but I’m afraid this moment was inevitable. In my opinion the longer JN decides that he will not meet with this group the deeper a hole he is digging not only for himself but for the club and it’s supporters. Time will tell where this takes us, but it is surely in everyone’s interests that people work together. There’s really only one man can change the direction, approach and attitude shown from within the Dundee Boardroom - that in itself is not ideal. Blaming and replacing successive managers and deflecting attention has kept the lid on the pot for quite a long time. People are seeing through that and it’s now way past being monotonous. Our core support has been dwindling, those hanging in have been extremely patient ….. the results of the survey prove that it could still go from bad to worse.
    Dundee FC cannot afford that to happen.
    I agree with everything that you say.
    Blaming and continually changing managers has in my opinion papered over the cracks behind the scenes which have been getting worse every year since Scot Gardiner resigned as the Chief Executive of Dundee Football Club

Wasn’t to happy with questions, they could have been worded better, then we’d have a clearer view of fans thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Wasn’t to happy with questions, they could have been worded better, then we’d have a clearer view of fans thoughts
    I don't believe there was a problem with the wording of the questions. The problem is with the lack of answers from John Nelms to all questions posed. The Open Letter Group and DFCSS in particular (as a major shareholder) deserve answers and respect from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaypottsDee View Post
    I don't believe there was a problem with the wording of the questions. The problem is with the lack of answers from John Nelms to all questions posed. The Open Letter Group and DFCSS in particular (as a major shareholder) deserve answers and respect from the club.
    Don’t disagree with this, when your buying a season ticket like you have done for many years, the next question, do you intend on attending more, less, or the same amount of games, didn’t make sense, they should have stuck with, do you intend on staying away from Dens next season and why

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Don’t disagree with this, when your buying a season ticket like you have done for many years, the next question, do you intend on attending more, less, or the same amount of games, didn’t make sense, they should have stuck with, do you intend on staying away from Dens next season and why
    Personally I thought the survey was leading,and the tone of the open letter was way off. Instead of demands,they could gave made suggestions,and instead of doing it so publicly,correspondence after the first letter could gave been private.

Let nelms pretend any good ideas were his. The open letter idea won't allow for that

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Personally I thought the survey was leading,and the tone of the open letter was way off. Instead of demands,they could gave made suggestions,and instead of doing it so publicly,correspondence after the first letter could gave been private.

Let nelms pretend any good ideas were his. The open letter idea won't allow for that
    Agree

Fair point ! I’m just glad and also very grateful that these lads have decided to do what they have. far more worrying for me is not what is being said but what is not. Loads of people who have gone to games, posted on forums, attended social events and taken a huge interest in the club for a very long time don’t bother anymore. We all know folk who used to do some or all of those things, we all notice who used to sit close to you at Dens or post regularly on here. One of the problems is that the man in charge wouldn’t know Shaded fae Shuntz and as long as visiting fans are happy to roll up in numbers doesn’t he really seem to care whether life long Dee’s are there on a Saturday or not. I genuinely think there are plenty involved at each of the three fans groups involved who can tell him this, give him good advice and keep him right but the man himself has to want to listen. It would be extremely foolish in the circumstances not to in my view.

Apologies, my ‘fair point’ reply was to an earlier point raised by jdfc re the wording of one of the questions not the one immediately above.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post

To be fair all correspondence after first open letter was confidential but when you there is no engagement or response then you either sit there in private getting nowhere or you engage with with wider fan base again to try and understand priorities, frustrations and strength of feeling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)