+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs.Grimsby 23.05.22

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Grimsby were indeed a bit better. But if you are strong enough you can overcome. We, however, are paper tigers.

PS
    ---
    IB's substitutions puzzle me. Every time he makes one, we seem to get worse!
    He had no choice tonight to be fair Roberts/RR were injured.

O'Brien booked and running out of steam.

Does the coaching staff not learn anything from when we played Grimsby at home earlier this season?
    Midfield sat far too deep almost on the toes of the defenders at times inviting pressure on

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Possible local fixtures on one weekend next season

Liverpool v Fword
    Stags v Derby
    Notts v Dorking Wanderers

Jesus f**** Christ
    Gotta admit that's kinda funny actually.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's a mental strength and nous thing - that's mostly on the players
    Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    That is undeniably true. And it was so dumb
    But we'd have fallen at Wrexham anyway
    True. At least Grimsby will give them a game.

The only way we’re getting out of this league is as champions, but we’ve not got remotely close in three attempts.

If we were going to lose in the playoffs - which we always were - best to go out now and confirm what everyone knows: we’ve just not been consistently good enough and can’t handle the press at L5 level (so absolutely wouldn’t handle it in L2). Too lightweight, not enough battlers.

It’s going to be a big summer of change assuming at least Wootton and Ruben are off, plus potentially the manager. The Reedtz bros have a lot of work ahead.

We didn't play well, obviously, but it looked like we had learned from the last game against Grimsby (and more recent mishaps) and played over the press, so I never had that sense of impending doom, even when Grimsby were dominating possession and territory.

I think deep down we all know this is not a promotion team, and Grimsby were better on the night, but you still don't know whether to laugh or cry at our luck in the play offs.

Coventry, then Torquay with 3 of their 4 goals being questionable. Now tonight we see a clear penalty not given, a loan player from the dark side giving away an insanely stupid free kick in the last minute of injury time, which leads to a scramble where their goalie tries to control it but misses it so it comes off his inner thigh and falls as a perfect assist to their player 5 yards out.

Then we lose to an offside goal in the 119th minute. You really couldn't make it up.

Burchnall has to go! It's not a knee jerk reaction but he hasn't a scooby doo or a tube of glue. He has been found out to be no more than a below par coach/manager.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He had no choice tonight to be fair Roberts/RR were injured.

O'Brien booked and running out of steam.
    Didn’t RR have cramp ? Not many players left out there who didn’t ! Chicksen managed until the end so can’t see why RR couldn’t have been given longer to see if he could recover and Dion should’ve been on long before to replace Richardson.
    Clutching at non existent straws maybe 🙄

Ah well. It's a total stinger. We were 10 seconds away from the semis...you can't just sack a manger because of that. Personally I'd give him one more full season.

I've said it for the last 3 playoff campaigns, but why Rawlinsin doesn't start is beyond me. Brindley was way off it tonight. Ardley should have started him against Harrogate. He's the kind of guy that smells danger when scruffy goals are about to be scored.

Anyway...**** it. Don't be too down folks.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The only way we’re getting out of this league is as champions, but we’ve not got remotely close in three attempts.

If we were going to lose in the playoffs - which we always were - best to go out now and confirm what everyone knows: we’ve just not been consistently good enough and can’t handle the press at L5 level (so absolutely wouldn’t handle it in L2). Too lightweight, not enough battlers.

It’s going to be a big summer of change assuming at least Wootton and Ruben are off, plus potentially the manager. The Reedtz bros have a lot of work ahead.
    I would honestly prefer to lose Wootton and Roberts than Ruben. Ruben is the talisman of this team.

I also think by replacing Wootton we actually have a chance to strengthen. I am writing as someone who only watches televised games and listens to the radio every week, so take this how you want, but I honestly don't think we can win this league with him as our main striker.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast