+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have the player assets sinkov to float the boat, just as long as we don't repeat the Tarkowski debacle.
    Yes we can keep the boat afloat mon ami by selling players, but when they've all jumped ship there'll be no bloody crew left to sail the boat. Never mind, there are plenty of Navy Cadets on the dockside, waiting to come on board and learn how to sail. Whether they'll be able to sail the boat at all, or whether they'll sink it, is open to debate. I think we should keep some sea-sick pills handy, it could be rough out in the Channel.
    Last edited by sinkov; 24-05-2022 at 08:23 AM.

We will probably have Hennessey, Roberts Collins, Long, Mee (?), Taylor (?), Westwood, Lowton, Cork, Rodriguez, Barnes (?), Gudmundsson, Vydra (?), Weghorst (?), Gomez Mancini, Costelloe, Helm, Richardson, Thompson is what's left.

(?) are obviously added because the players concerned may either not sign new contracts or will be sold to balance the books.

Brownhill, Cornet, McNeil and Pope will be used as the sacrificial lambs to pay off the massive debt that the EPL should never allowed us to be lumbered with.

What a f*cking $hitfest!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We will probably have Hennessey, Roberts Collins, Long, Mee (?), Taylor (?), Westwood, Lowton, Cork, Rodriguez, Barnes (?), Gudmundsson, Vydra (?), Weghorst (?), Gomez Mancini, Costelloe, Helm, Richardson, Thompson is what's left.

(?) are obviously added because the players concerned may either not sign new contracts or will be sold to balance the books.

Brownhill, Cornet, McNeil and Pope will be used as the sacrificial lambs to pay off the massive debt that the EPL should never allowed us to be lumbered with.

What a f*cking $hitfest!
    I think you can add Collins and Taylor to that list of sales BT.I fear the financial situation of the club is even more serious than the powers that be are admitting.We will need loanee`s.Has SD been paid up yet?

Don't pay him up.Bring him back

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Don't pay him up.Bring him back
    Strangely, I have heard that he wanted to go. It seems that his involvement in certain aspects of the club had been curtailed and that there was a lot happening in the background.
    We never really know what is happening at a club, however, when you look at all the changes of personnel in certain areas with long serving staff leaving you begin to wonder -----just why?

Roberts, Collins, added to that list

Don't forget we will become a poor championship side... even our non PL standard players may jump ship to better prospects, Stability, better project, hell a team with a manager and staff (didnt Pace sack off 20 staff, pre Dyche sacking)even a team with players, in the championship. We are thinking we are elite... we have nothing literally nothing!!

Btw how do we push for a Dyche statue?

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Roberts, Collins, added to that list

Don't forget we will become a poor championship side... even our non PL standard players may jump ship to better prospects, Stability, better project, hell a team with a manager and staff (didnt Pace sack off 20 staff, pre Dyche sacking)even a team with players, in the championship. We are thinking we are elite... we have nothing literally nothing!!

Btw how do we push for a Dyche statue?
    Wait until Garlick comes back as Chairman ---I'm sure that he will oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Wait until Garlick comes back as Chairman ---I'm sure that he will oblige.
    what are the missed payment details, are they obliged to sell back to Garlick?
    Would ALK not be tempted to sell players cash in and then default on the repayment to force a exit.. I would image a exit looks more appealing than the challege ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    what are the missed payment details, are they obliged to sell back to Garlick?
    Would ALK not be tempted to sell players cash in and then default on the repayment to force a exit.. I would image a exit looks more appealing than the challege ahead.
    I tend to agree FTD-ALK only wanted a PL club.All their calculations were based on BFC being in the PL and therefore if the situation is as bad as is being written about then they know there is very little chance of an immediate return to the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I tend to agree FTD-ALK only wanted a PL club.All their calculations were based on BFC being in the PL and therefore if the situation is as bad as is being written about then they know there is very little chance of an immediate return to the PL.

I accept all of that CIB , but I have a strange feeling things must have been a lot worse before the yanks arrived than were led to believe.

I mean they didn’t buy us as a cash cow did they ? And I still insist they actually stumped up monies for players when the previous regime didn’t for several years. Collins 12 mill Robert’s 3.5mill cornet 13.5mill ive discounted weghorst because he wasn’t planned on the back of wood jumping ship.

So the leverage buy out is bad and it shouldn’t have been allowed to happen , but I still refuse to blame them for our relegation or academy status , that lies with previous directors and sad to say the previous manager - I know we all loved appreciated what he did for us but we couldn’t win games - we threw way 6 winning positions at the season start ( a record ) for no
    Points.

So whilst I’m with you all that it’s a bad situation now I really can’t see past the lies from Garlick and crew and the EPL actually letting the deal happen in the first place ( fit and proper is the terminology).

From the yanks point of view - we’re led to believe they’re business men - I can’t believe they had a plan / strategy without the risk element included in it - not really business men without one and if they bought ( so called ) Burnley for Premier league status - stability you only have to look back over the last 3 seasons to know that isn’t guaranteed- in fact nothing mis guaranteed in football the old saying too good to go down and all that.

I’m going to reserve judgment at the minute and see how we deal with this before I go all in and slag them off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)