+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Telegraph

I’m going to reserve judgment at the minute and see how we deal with this before I go all in and slag them off.[/QUOTE]

You could be right Army but when I saw Pace watching the Everton game-he looked like a dead man walking when we were losing.We will all know soon enough.

From the Training Ground Guru in June 2021 about THE man who had been responsible for achieving the status for the Academy. A man very experienced in these matters and who was given the push by the current owners, much to the surprise of many within the club.
    The intention being to take the Academy in a different direction ----a bit like the lirst team really!

Written by Simon Austin — June 9, 2021

BURNLEY Academy Manager Jon Pepper, who led the Clarets from Category Three to One, is leaving the club after five years.

An email was sent to staff informing them of the news at the end of last week, stating that Pepper was leaving for a new challenge.

However, TGG understands that owners ALK Capital, who took over on December 31st last year, were the instigators, as they want to take the Academy in a new direction and install their own Academy boss.

"And I still insist they actually stumped up monies for players when the previous regime didn’t for several years. Collins 12 mill Robert’s 3.5mill cornet 13.5mill ive discounted weghorst because he wasn’t planned on the back of wood jumping ship."

Let's have a look at what they've actually stumped up so far.

Outgoing, Roberts £3.5m, Cornet £13.5m, Collins £12m, Weghorst £12m.......£41m
    Incoming, Gibson £8m, Wood £25m.............................................. .............£33m

So they buy a club with an ageing, mediocre squad with a desperate need of serious investment in it, and what is their outlay, what do they invest in that squad ?

£8m over three transfer windows. These people are not serious, they're taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "And I still insist they actually stumped up monies for players when the previous regime didn’t for several years. Collins 12 mill Robert’s 3.5mill cornet 13.5mill ive discounted weghorst because he wasn’t planned on the back of wood jumping ship."

Let's have a look at what they've actually stumped up so far.

Outgoing, Roberts £3.5m, Cornet £13.5m, Collins £12m, Weghorst £12m.......£41m
    Incoming, Gibson £8m, Wood £25m.............................................. .............£33m

So they buy a club with an ageing, mediocre squad with a desperate need of serious investment in it, and what is their outlay, what do they invest in that squad ?

£8m over three transfer windows. These people are not serious, they're taking the piss.
    You can’t count wood and weghorst Sinkov as they were out of their control .

Last five seasons incoming outgoing and a pandemic included

Purchased Gross £126.6 M
    Sold £74.1 M
    Nett £52.5 M
    Per Season £10.5 M

We are the lowest spending club being in the Premiership before the yanks came.

I get why your annoyed at how it was done but I’m not sure we can lay it all at their door you could analyse and analyse it to the 8th degree Gibson for example our highest purchase player our manager refused to play him to such a point that he wanted out and we subsequently lost 7 million signing plus his wages( another 2.5 million approx ) and importantly his services over a 2 year period.

So without wood weghorst that was forced on them they spent 29 million less Gibson 8 million so more than double we’d spent a season / average over the last 5 years.

If you put the boot on the other foot maybe they’re looking at it and thinking what have we bought here , my point on a previous post they didn’t buy us as a cash cow because we don’t have any real wealth - the deal was done and we have to live with it and see what they do going forwards.

They knew what they were buying Army, a club that required massive investment on the playing side, I knew that, you knew that, everyone on here knew that, the media knew it, the whole world and his wife knew it. The manager had been starved of funds for three years because our previous owners said they couldn't compete financially at this level, but they would be open to selling the club if investors could be found who would enable us to compete at this level. That was the deal they were selling to the fans.

Those investors were found, and when Mr Pace and his cavalry rode over the hill to save us I was mightily relieved, now we would get some new signings in to help us fight relegation, and the timing was perfect, the January window was just opening. But the January window came and went, and new signings were there none.

Don't know about you Army, but my alarm bells were ringing loud back then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)