+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I had a bandwagon, the wheels fell off

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^ They seemed to me to be the only team on the pitch with any attacking intent. Burchy says in his P/M we were excellent, we were absolute rubbish on the night.
    Exactly mate, I know some people like to be glass half full and fair enough but you have to be realistic. I went with someone who supports a different club and he said Grimsby would have been really disappointed if they had lost that game which is true, they were the better team easily and it could have been a big score. They chose the wrong option in the final third alot and missed alot of good chances not half chances. This is what worries me, with posts wearing rose tinted spectacles and the manager thinking we're always good when we're often not, I see no hope for the near future and we'll be further away than ever if it continues.

Without a doubt Grimbo fully deserved tom progress. If they learnt how to cross a ball or take a corner they would have potentially been out of sight at half time, they were that much better. One of their full backs had a bit of mare and couldn't produce any quality from out wide and thankfully that and some heroic defending resulted in them rarely testing Slocombe for the vast majority of the game.

I cant understand anyone who says we deserved to win. Yes we were 30 seconds, one clearance, one stupid needless foul not being given away from progressing which is gutting but we were outplayed, out thought, out fought for all but two/three short periods of the 120 minutes.

I suspect any Wrexham fan watching last nights game wouldn't be concerned about facing either side.

Saying that I don't see us further away, I see us as treading water up there but not good enough (each season) to get promoted.

Bring back Sven.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Without a doubt Grimbo fully deserved tom progress. If they learnt how to cross a ball or take a corner they would have potentially been out of sight at half time, they were that much better. One of their full backs had a bit of mare and couldn't produce any quality from out wide and thankfully that and some heroic defending resulted in them rarely testing Slocombe for the vast majority of the game.

I cant understand anyone who says we deserved to win. Yes we were 30 seconds, one clearance, one stupid needless foul not being given away from progressing which is gutting but we were outplayed, out thought, out fought for all but two/three short periods of the 120 minutes.

I suspect any Wrexham fan watching last nights game wouldn't be concerned about facing either side.

Saying that I don't see us further away, I see us as treading water up there but not good enough (each season) to get promoted.
    We were poor but so were Grimsby, they had no finishers in there team. They did,nt deserve to go through , but had a huge slice of luck , caused by our own stupidity of giving away the free kick , Grimsby gambled by bringing up their goalkeeper and it paid off, complete lucky for them, i doubt they would do it again if it was played another 10 times, then their offside goal to win it, which if VAR is not given.
    Just we were equally poor, and offered little threat, to me it did not seem as if we would have scored if the game was 8 hours long, unless it was a penelty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123