+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    There are going to be a few factors that come into play here. As I've mentioned on another thread the best thing that can happen for us for next season is for Wrexham to get the second automatic promotion place, otherwise it will be play-offs again for us next season at best. They will hardly have to make any changes and no doubt if they do miss out on promotion they will spend their way out.

We need to be careful that we don't go the way of Torquay this season. They were play-off finalists and lost a number of key players (e.g. Cameron) and have struggled to make any meaningful impact this season and that's under the experienced Gary Johnson. For them it's been a bit of a "taking stock" season and re-grouping and a transition, but they did come good after Christmas.

Last night we needed Wootton, Roberts and Rodrigues to be on fire. I said this in a previous thread sometime ago if we were to do anything in the play-offs. Unfortunately we lost Roberts to injury, Rodrigues scored the penalty but distribution was a bit off and Wootton didn't get much to feed off. A side without those three you instantly lose 40+ goals.

It's all speculation but we really do need Roberts and Rodrigues to stay or if they leave they need replacing with like for like, but a 20 goal a season striker in Wootton alone does not come cheap that's without trying to find replacements for R&R if they were to go. Where do you get a 20 goal midfielder from?

It would be typical Notts that with the league being weaker (without Wrexham and Stockport) that we would be weaker next season as well. Let's hope not.
    The fact that we haven't seemed to push for Wootton to sign a new contract gives me hope that we might already have his replacement lined up. Who that is, no idea but bearing in mind we lost out on Dallas last year and we needed up with Mitchell does give me night terrors

We more than likely have tried to get Wootton to extend but he will know what is on the table at other clubs.

Danny Cowley has talked openly to the media about wanting him which is wrong imo whilst he is contracted still but that is how it is now.

I think if we had to sell one player id move Roberts on he is always injured for a start.

If we lose all 3 of Wootton Roberts RR we are in trouble !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We more than likely have tried to get Wootton to extend but he will know what is on the table at other clubs.

Danny Cowley has talked openly to the media about wanting him which is wrong imo whilst he is contracted still but that is how it is now.

I think if we had to sell one player id move Roberts on he is always injured for a start.

If we lose all 3 of Wootton Roberts RR we are in trouble !
    Then we've known since January then, more than enough time to look for replacements

On points, this was actually our best / most effective season in the National League, I thought?

And but for a couple of bad luck moments, we might have gone up despite it being so competitive at the top of the table, with so many big spenders. Of course you can't control your luck and we need to look to improve, but any season you make the playoffs is a sign you can one day get promoted.

I think the Football Radar advantage might be more important with a salary cap. Finding undervalued players becomes even more critical, and in theory it's harder to teams to win by just outspending us.

I look forward to finding out who we hire. Hopefully next season is our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    If chickson and the Clown from forest are our full backs it’s no season ticket for me 🤷🏻*♂️
    The so called clown from Forest gave away a stupid foul which cost us the game, he also had his worst game in a Notts shirt BUT he's been excellent for most of the time and I am sure he will play in a higher league than this one.

The clown from forest has had 3 good games for us he’s no better that what we have already got if you think different your the clown

Sorry didn't know everyone was entitled to your opinion 😜 Let's see where he ends up?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The so called clown from Forest gave away a stupid foul which cost us the game, he also had his worst game in a Notts shirt BUT he's been excellent for most of the time and I am sure he will play in a higher league than this one.
    Forest are releasing him according to BT Sport last night

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Would only posssibly keep Lacey. they have all been part of a team the last 2/3 seasons that have not been good enough.
    Check back Chicksen can go.
    Brindley has been part of a team for the last 4 seasons that got relegated then concedes soft goals
    Chicksen is a good left back, he's the least of our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Chicksen is a good left back, he's the least of our worries.
    He is part of the problem. Instead of bombing forward when half a chance he will stop check back or sideways so the move loses tempo. Admittedly did a few forward runs last night, we also played long the odd time, but there were plenty more where he went into his normal mode. We need a Chris Withe, Nicky Platanuer, solid & not feared to take the man on down the wing when over lapping.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast