+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Retained list

Looking at the players out of contract, I think I'd only offer Brindley, Chicksen and Lacey a contract, I'd also like to see us shift on Taylor and Mitchell. Chesterfield must have been laughing when we paid for those two.

If I remember correctly, a wage cap comes into force next year so we will need to recruit extremely wisely as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Looking at the players out of contract, I think I'd only offer Brindley, Chicksen and Lacey a contract, I'd also like to see us shift on Taylor and Mitchell. Chesterfield must have been laughing when we paid for those two.

If I remember correctly, a wage cap comes into force next year so we will need to recruit extremely wisely as well
    Would only posssibly keep Lacey. they have all been part of a team the last 2/3 seasons that have not been good enough.
    Check back Chicksen can go.
    Brindley has been part of a team for the last 4 seasons that got relegated then concedes soft goals

It's not so much as a retained list as who wants out and who's going to be sold

Needs to start with a new manager before anything else assuming IB is on his way to a bigger club in Forest Green. Everything else will follow. Anyone know of any British coaches in the Nordic region under the age of 40 with a reasonable reputation and no relevant experience looking for a move back to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Would only posssibly keep Lacey. they have all been part of a team the last 2/3 seasons that have not been good enough.
    Check back Chicksen can go.
    Brindley has been part of a team for the last 4 seasons that got relegated then concedes soft goals
    Chicksen had a good game last night but he is so one footed and passes back more than forward.

Given that the Football Radar model is all about recruitment, they're going to need a phenomenal close season to make us championship-winning material. They didn't manage it last summer - none of Vincent, Taylor, Mitchell, Francis or Nemane have become regulars, which is damning - and are presumably going to have to bring even more players in to replace the likes of Wootton and potentially Sam, Roberts and Ruben.

Roberts has symbolised this season for me - IB has struggled to find a role for him that strengthened rather than weakened the team (right wing back!), plus there were the various off-field problems and injuries. Basically, the great potential we saw in 2020 has never been realised. Very frustrating.

The other symbol of the season is the two home games against Grimsby, where we managed to lose twice from winning positions after 75 minutes. Worse, we conceded goals in the final minute THREE times, which to me says an awful lot about desire and will to win. A non-Notts fan just texted me "That was ****ed up. To concede twice in the last 30 seconds - that’s mental," and all I could tell him was that it was the most on-brand Notts County thing - especially with our two local rivals well placed to get promotion.

Every year we seem to say the same thing - the team needs more pace, more muscle, more winners - but we keep signing lightweight, pretty footballers. Time for the owners to wise up and ask themselves some serious questions about how successful teams get out of this league - or we're going to be stuck down here for a long, long time.

Another season of failure is down to the bros

Who is even out of contract?

Link below shows our current squad and contract lengths. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nott...er/verein/1045

I'd try to sign up Sam and Lacey. Not sure about the others. As we already have Cameron and Rawlinson under contract how many CBs do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post

That's the first I've heard about a wage cap. How would that work if a team like Wrexham doesn't get promoted this season?

Also, is the wage cap based on income or gates, or is it a blanket cap across all teams? If the latter, what's the point?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast