+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what lesson have been learned

So what lesson have been learned

Not to many I would say.
    1- our supporters need a bloody gold medal hanging round there necks for the loyalty they show this club
    Time after time we go again hoping we will get things right and get let down.
    A big well done notts fans see ya next season
    2-is it stating the obvious that we need a battler in the middle of the park or am I blind.
    So why don’t we do anything about it
    3- we play nice attractive football but this group,and maybe overplaying will not get you out of this league
    We’re to soft
    To say I’m gutted yet again is an understatement
    I just keep reliving our forest loanee pushing there player in the back

I don’t think we play nice, attractive football. I think we play slow, monotonous football, devoid of ideas and attacking intent.

This nice, attractive football is Emperors new clothes stuff. It doesn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I don’t think we play nice, attractive football. I think we play slow, monotonous football, devoid of ideas and attacking intent.

I think we play nice, attractive football 20% of the time, and slow, monotonous football, devoid of ideas and attacking intent 80% of the time.

Scoring 81 goals in the season and scoring on every single home game doesn't exactly scream "devoid of ideas and attacking intent".

Unless we got lucky all season?!?! The main complaint was not taking our chances, rather than not creating them as suggested above.

Hmmmmm.

We play "attractive" football 20% of the time, "keep ball" for 50% of the time, and finally "don't challenge for the ball" for the remaining 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    We play "attractive" football 20% of the time, "keep ball" for 50% of the time, and finally "don't challenge for the ball" for the remaining 30%.
    That's a pretty good summary.

We didn't learn anything we didn't already know and Burchnall learnt nothing as usual. It doesn't matter how many goals we wrack up against the weak clubs, it's the goals and performances against the big clubs and pressure games where we 80% of the time fold. Why can't people see this.

Here's what I've learned:

Despite thinking that nothing surprises me anymore with Notts, they find new and creative ways to disappoint me. It's always the maximum-pain option.

Why is this? I've come to the conclusion that Notts County Football Club is the most compelling evidence that we're living in a simulation, and we're all part of a bizarre experiment to see how much pain, heartache, and disappointment we can endure.

Most clubs have ups and downs. A few good seasons, a few bad ones. We just get worse and worse and worse and worse. Always finding new ways to twist the knife or embarrass the fanbase. Relegation from the football league not enough for you? Here's a picture of Alan Hardy's cock. Losing in the playoffs not enough? Here, we'll concede with the last kick of the game and then again in injury time. Take that.

Oh and we need to be more combative in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Here's what I've learned:

Despite thinking that nothing surprises me anymore with Notts, they find new and creative ways to disappoint me. It's always the maximum-pain option.

Why is this? I've come to the conclusion that Notts County Football Club is the most compelling evidence that we're living in a simulation, and we're all part of a bizarre experiment to see how much pain, heartache, and disappointment we can endure.

Most clubs have ups and downs. A few good seasons, a few bad ones. We just get worse and worse and worse and worse. Always finding new ways to twist the knife or embarrass the fanbase. Relegation from the football league not enough for you? Here's a picture of Alan Hardy's cock. Losing in the playoffs not enough? Here, we'll concede with the last kick of the game and then again in injury time. Take that.

Oh and we need to be more combative in midfield.
    Perfect riposte 😂… I’m utterly convinced that I have to endure NCFC as a punishment for my past life/ simulation misdemeanours.

Either that or I make very very bad decisions in my life.

Perfect riposte ��… I’m utterly convinced that I have to endure NCFC as a punishment for my past life/ simulation misdemeanours.

Either that or I make very very bad decisions in my life.
    Sometimes you can tell that the scriptwriters are running out of ideas. Your best player hobbles off injured after a few minutes? Come on, that's lazy. The 96th-minute equaliser was effective but not exactly original. They really came into their own during that Hardy relegation season though.

I wonder what's in store for us next season? Perhaps Meadow Lane and the surrounding area will break away from the land and float down the Trent before sinking somewhere in the North Sea. You know, just for a laugh.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast