+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go

Stay or go

Who do you think should/ will stay or go

Go

Rodrigo not suited to the PL
    Klich
    Foreshaw too injury prone
    Llorente means Koch can play and develop as a CB
    Casilla
    Costa
    Shackleton
    Bogusz
    Davies
    Rapha - not because I want him to
    Phillips - think he will protect his England career

Stay

Meslier
    Koch
    Struijk
    Cooper
    Dallas
    Harrison
    Joffy
    Bamford
    Bate
    Greenwood
    Cresswell
    Drameh
    James
    Ayling
    Jimmy S

Not sure about Poveda

Leaves us to fill

LB
    Back up keeper
    RB maybe
    3 in midfield
    1 up front

As a minimum

Should be good money from sales and prem money so fund those players in the 21 to 26 year old range.

I hope we don’t go down the expensive cast offs route

Would like us to bring in a CB, think Mr Roberts should be given BFH. Just hope its not another summer of club putting eggs in one basket, and we dont get bogged down with every USA player is heading to ER.
    Scouting wise, think Africa would be worth a look.

My thoughts. agree with a lot of the list.

Koch is fragile. If you can get top dollar I'd sell him. Develop cresswell and heldje.

I'd keep Forshaw. If you dial down training I suspect you'll have a very good chance to keeping him more healthy. He's actually a player that probably needs lighter training. He's also not likely to be real expensive.

Agree on Africa and would consider Russia. They will be out of favor big time because of world politics and you might snag a bargain.

I am very worried about the "eggs in one basket syndrome". we are the worst in the prem at that and other teams around the world know it. We get chumped badly. Have to be ready to walk away and go to plan B,C or D. They are out there for the money we are spending.

we need to look at some solid championship players. They tend to be physical and durable compared to other leagues around the world.

Finally, stay away from the yanks. we are not good enough yet (except in keepers).

I hope we never sign a Russian, even if it’s a freebie, they should all be ostracized till the people of Russia get rid of a warmonger. As for Africans, unless you have a big squad... if their any good will be missing for months playing African cup.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I hope we never sign a Russian, even if it’s a freebie, they should all be ostracized till the people of Russia get rid of a warmonger. As for Africans, unless you have a big squad... if their any good will be missing for months playing African cup.
    Agreed on all points.

Slight modifications to the original post and a couple of additions to the lists (Roberts, (Go) and Hjedle (Keep) were omitted).

Go

Rodrigo not suited to the PL
    Llorente means Koch can play and develop as a CB
    Casilla
    Costa
    Shackleton
    Bogusz
    Davies
    Roberts
    James
    Rapha - not because I want him to (agreed!)
    Koch – Not up to PL standard and too prone to losing positional awareness
    Cooper – Hate to say it, but he’s just not good enough. Captain or not, he has showed this season (despite being injured for some of it) that he can’t hack it with PL quality attackers

Keep

Meslier
    Struijk
    Hjelde
    Dallas
    Harrison
    Joffy
    Bamford
    Bate
    Greenwood
    Cresswell
    Drameh
    Ayling
    Summerville
    Klich (agree that he has slowed, but as with Forshaw, I think a revised training regime might allow him to get back to his best)
    Foreshaw (As with Klich (and I think someone else said as much, he could be handled better so as to reduce the chance of injury)
    Phillips - think he will protect his England career. (If we play good football, he can do that at Leeds, and I think he would like to stay)
    Poveda (Again, as with Klich and Forshaw, but with different aims, a change to the coaching and playing style could well suit him, he has shown flashes of real quality and we will need someone to replace Raphina (no, not comparing!) out on the right.

Changes what we need, and atm it's too soon to say what that will be anyway.

The "supermarket sweep" didn't work before, it certainly won't now. Being dogmatic about one or two player has been shown to be equally flawed (both in terms of putting blinkers on where the real needs of the squad get sidelined, and the price we pay when the selling club sees we've gone all dewy-eyed.

Another poster suggested good Championship players with potential (or proven ability as in the players from Burnley mentioned elsewhere), and I agree. The question being, do we have scouting capabilities good enough to identify them, and will the club change tack from it's obsession with European club cast-offs. We will see.

Re Russia. The main stream media have lied to us non stop. They lied about covid, they lied about Trump, they lied about the Hunter Biden laptop. Thry lied about the US election. They lied about covid deaths. They lied about the US southern border. They lied about Biden's mental state. They lied about the Wuhan lab. They lied about BLM protests. So why would anyone think they are 100% truthful about Russia/Ukraine? The media will manipulate you to think what they want you to think. Not getting into any political argument but just saying the MSM are proven liars so don't let them manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje White View Post
    Re Russia. The main stream media have lied to us non stop. They lied about covid, they lied about Trump, they lied about the Hunter Biden laptop. Thry lied about the US election. They lied about covid deaths. They lied about the US southern border. They lied about Biden's mental state. They lied about the Wuhan lab. They lied about BLM protests. So why would anyone think they are 100% truthful about Russia/Ukraine? The media will manipulate you to think what they want you to think. Not getting into any political argument but just saying the MSM are proven liars so don't let them manipulate.
    How in the name of all that anyone might find holy can you make that kind of comment and then say "Not getting into any political argument"??????????

I don't know what sources of information you have access to, and I'm sure that all media have faults of one sort or another, but are you seriously suggesting Mariupol hasn't been obliterated, that Russian forces attacked Kyiv before being given a bloody nose, that artillery barrages, bombing and missile strikes have killed and maimed across Ukraine, and have done so irrespective of who was killed and maimed, men, women, children, any age, anywhere? This is a football forum, I suggest you desist from any comments like the one above.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje White View Post
    I can think for myself.... I seen a country and friends bombed to oblivion in Syria by Russians and the same happening in Ukraine, complete devastation of neighbourhoods. There is no excuse for killing civilians, the Russians lied telling everyone we were mad to think they would invade their neighbour, on media interviews their telling us its the Ukraines who are murdering their own people...

The collateral damage done by politicians is horrendous. Incredible death and destruction caused by wars, famine by mismanagement of resources, billions taken annually by grifters that could be used to increase quality of life for all, elimination of employment for a countries citizens so that crony capitalists can make more money and most importantly the control of government schools that teach propaganda and eliminate the ability to independently think, problem solve and communicate to others freely all so they increase the dependence of the citizens on the politicians. All in the name of keeping their power. The media act a a perfect tool to accomplish it for them.

it's that way everywhere in the world. They are truly Satan's acolytes.

I suspect that there is more than meets the eye on what is going on in the Russian/Ukraine war. Perhaps the development of bio or chemical weapons 50 miles from the Russian border funded by the US or the EU? we'll likely never know. Does not make it right just saying that often there are 2 sides to every story.

However, eliminating all Russian players from consideration seems a punitive action on football as well as the players. They are no more complicit on this as I am for having the US provide funding for the Wuhan lab

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)