+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bar and grill at NYS?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The baseball stadium here in Seattle has just opened an Amazon Go store on the concourse where as long as you have an account you just walk in, take off the shelves what you want (sandwiches, drinks, snacks) and walk out. Billing is via facial recognition. Wonder if that would work at NYS?
    They’ve got a similar supermarket in Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I expect that they do They had an Amazon Go store in Seattle but to the homeless/drug addicts who don't give a sh!t it might as well have been a high class soup kitchen as they just took what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The baseball stadium here in Seattle has just opened an Amazon Go store on the concourse where as long as you have an account you just walk in, take off the shelves what you want (sandwiches, drinks, snacks) and walk out. Billing is via facial recognition. Wonder if that would work at NYS?
    Yes that would be really good ? We could all wear a CAMiller mask !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Yes that would be really good ? We could all wear a CAMiller mask !
    Even the Halloween stores are too scared to stock those

I don't often subscribe to your somewhat jaundiced view of the world, Grist, but I have to say that made me laugh out loud!

It's worth reading through all the crap on here just to come across a gem of a comment like this. Chuffin' brilliant.

Let's hope there is some truth in this rumour.It's ridiculous not taking full advantage of the potential revenue that could be generated.The empty units that surround the ground could be quickly converted to retail units and add further finance for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Let's hope there is some truth in this rumour.It's ridiculous not taking full advantage of the potential revenue that could be generated.The empty units that surround the ground could be quickly converted to retail units and add further finance for the club.
    In a way I agree with that, but on most days the area is a ghost town. Can a business model be made on having customers on 1 day in 14?

There is also music venue been mooted to be going down there somewhere along with some other outlets and all part of the masterplan….but it needs to be all done together and not piece meal,that’s when anything like that loses steam and doesn’t gain traction….

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    There is also music venue been mooted to be going down there somewhere along with some other outlets and all part of the masterplan….but it needs to be all done together and not piece meal,that’s when anything like that loses steam and doesn’t gain traction….
    Back to the old elephant, the Guest & Chrimes eyesore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast