+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect summation of the current predicament

Perfect summation of the current predicament

Perfect summattuion of our predicament by the Independent:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2085169.html

The Times, the Mirror, the Guardian are all saying the same thing CiB - we are well and truly f*cked!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Times, the Mirror, the Guardian are all saying the same thing CiB - we are well and truly f*cked!
    Life goes on as Sub says but I predict Pace & Co. will be departing soon as this scenario was obviously not accounted for.

I think ALK will borrow enough to get a team together and not be forced to sell cheap.. Pace will then maximise sales and do a half arsed aka cheap rebuild, then sell the club by the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I think ALK will borrow enough to get a team together and not be forced to sell cheap.. Pace will then maximise sales and do a half arsed aka cheap rebuild, then sell the club by the end of the season
    Bob Lord will be turning in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Life goes on as Sub says but I predict Pace & Co. will be departing soon as this scenario was obviously not accounted for.
    Can’t see them going yet CIB , I reckon they’ll sell some and throw some money at it to try and get up first time around , if they can’t finance it and make it work in 12 months I think you could be right , then they might jump ship.

Thing is it’s all speculation they may have funds or access to some to have a go and get up
    First time of asking . By same token maybe they’re not interested at all - no point blaming Pace really he’s just the front man for the investors or non investors as we call them on here.

The draw of the premier league might be too much to give up on yet for them.

Perfect summattuion of our predicament by the Independent:-
    Yes I agree with that CiB, that's as good a piece as I've read on our predicament. Just one thing I would take issue with,

"But it was past mistakes, past passiveness in the transfer market, past complacency"

There was passiveness in the transfer market certainly, but it wasn't a mistake or complacency, it was the quite deliberate policy of Garlic and his chums. He refused to release funds to Dyche to strengthen the squad, preferring instead to build up a healthy bank balance. And then 18 months ago we found out why.

Mistakes, complacency my arse, Garlick knew exactly what he was doing. He's wrecked our club and that's not all, he's gone a long way towards wrecking Sean Dyche's reputation as a football manager along the way. Does no one ever boo the devious **** when he turns up at Turf Moor these days ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 24-05-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Yes I agree with that CiB, that's as good a piece as I've read on our predicament. Just one thing I would take issue with,

"But it was past mistakes, past passiveness in the transfer market, past complacency"

There was passiveness in the transfer market certainly, but it wasn't a mistake or complacency, it was the quite deliberate policy of Garlic and his chums. He refused to release funds to Dyche to strengthen the squad, preferring instead to build up a healthy bank balance. And then 18 months ago we found out why.

Mistakes, complacency my arse, Garlick knew exactly what he was doing. He's wrecked our club and that's not all, he's gone a long way towards wrecking Sean Dyche's reputation as a football manager along the way. Does no one ever boo the devious **** when he turns up at Turf Moor these days ?
    Sinkov, You are a man after my own heart. Garlick is the boy who has got us in this mess. Season before ALK, they i.e Garlick recruited Stephens basically for 750k. Enough said, he starved the club of resources when we have an aging team. Who and what was Dyche supposed to do with a midfield like we have??? If it wasn't so tragic and it's Burnley I'd laugh. Hardly any of those players are even capable of playing in the Championship next season. That folks is the consequences of the Garlick masterplan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Sinkov, You are a man after my own heart. Garlick is the boy who has got us in this mess. Season before ALK, they i.e Garlick recruited Stephens basically for 750k. Enough said, he starved the club of resources when we have an aging team. Who and what was Dyche supposed to do with a midfield like we have??? If it wasn't so tragic and it's Burnley I'd laugh. Hardly any of those players are even capable of playing in the Championship next season. That folks is the consequences of the Garlick masterplan.
    Yes it was a great masterplan by a man who claimed to be a true fan of the club.I bet he was the day he sold the club down the swanny.

Yes it was a great masterplan by a man who claimed to be a true fan of the club.I bet he was the day he sold the club down the swanny.
    I hope the FA and EPL do something to stop these leveraged buyouts, they are nothing short of fraudulent IMHO.

It enabled Garlick to basically steal £50 million quidsworth of the company's cash reserves.

How can that be right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)