+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall Ball wont ever get us promoted

Burchnall Ball wont ever get us promoted

Playing tippy tappy football, thinking you are Man City in the National League just doesn't work. Torquay looked much better than us both defensively and offensively playing proper National League football.

We spend far too much time with the ball in our own half and don't have that ability to unlock defences that Man City do playing with that style. We need to be more direct and play in the oppositions half far more.

Arter and Palmer doesn't work. It should be one or the other. Most of the time Wootton was left stranded on his own with little or no support, so not surprising Torquay put us under pressure.

My conclusion is that Burchnall has to go, his style won't work at this level and will leave us languishing in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Playing tippy tappy football, thinking you are Man City in the National League just doesn't work. Torquay looked much better than us both defensively and offensively playing proper National League football.

We spend far too much time with the ball in our own half and don't have that ability to unlock defences that Man City do playing with that style. We need to be more direct and play in the oppositions half far more.

Arter and Palmer doesn't work. It should be one or the other. Most of the time Wootton was left stranded on his own with little or no support, so not surprising Torquay put us under pressure.

My conclusion is that Burchnall has to go, his style won't work at this level and will leave us languishing in the National League.
    Don’t hear much from you JT.
    So when we do there is something boiling away on the back burner.
    Yes I agree to quiet a lot there of what you said,and think he needs to mix it up much more than playing what’s called playing the ball on the floor too much.
    I love to see when it goes wonderfully right and we play teams off the park with panache,but have always wondered whether that will get us out this league????????

We are becoming the team that everyone wants to play. If we dont get promoted, then Burchnall has to go.. Its not much good playing nice tippy tappy football with no end product...

I bet Torquay would swap league places tho

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I bet Torquay would swap league places tho
    They may well do if we don’t pull our finger out

I've nothing against 2U-2Me, when it worx it's a pleasure to watch. It doesn't always work tho, does it?

They would have been above us if they didn't have such a bad start to the season, having lost a number of their better players..

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    They may well do if we don’t pull our finger out
    They won't.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    They would have been above us if they didn't have such a bad start to the season, having lost a number of their better players..
    They lost those (better) players because they didn't get promoted through the play off us like us last season. Maybe their owners aren't as ambitious as ours

My thoughts exactly, johnny1. The top teams who play the ball out from the back have highly paid internationals doing it - we don't. The goalkeeper rolling the ball to a defender who knows he can pick out a team-mate who in turn is confident of his pass reaching someone it's supposed to, is not something we're usually see in non-league. It does happen though - Ive seen it! Just not as regularly as the Man City crowd do. We ought to be playing to the strengths we have, not to what Burchinall thinks we ought to have.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast