+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maloney or Ross

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Other professional football clubs manage to sack their manager and appoint the new manager within a short period of time.
    Dunfermline sacked John Hughes and promptly appointed James McPake as their new manager. Meanwhile two weeks after it was announced that Mark McGhee would be leaving as manager we have still not appointed his replacement.
    Dundee sacked McPake and within days we had McGhee.

Let's take our time.

If Maloney hasn’t made up his mind by tomorrow, then Nelms and wee Goggs should just tell him to get tae, and move on to the gullible manager who wants the job ,

If WGS believes 100% in himself and what he is part of he really wants to get himself out there and start banging the Early Bird Drum because the jury is out in quite a few households I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    If WGS believes 100% in himself and what he is part of he really wants to get himself out there and start banging the Early Bird Drum because the jury is out in quite a few households I would imagine.
    It certainly is in mine. And I would be astonished to see this sorted out in time. Another managerial fiasco, which will likely end with an appointment that is either rookie or dinosaur.

Elvis is in the building the morrow. You have branched out a bit as malone obviously stalling. He is one of 5 i think in contention the noo.

Just a question what did you all do with the stupid DOON specs? quite fancy a pair for my summer hols.

The irony is slightly funny for a second then i get bored and care about my own team and my passport of course.

Don't see why Maloney is the answer. His football experience seems to have been spent in an atmosphere that is totally different to what he can expect at Dens. If he comes he had better make sure he has his own backroom staff. Tippy tappy possession football, the beautiful game, does not sit easily with our squad and a major rebuild is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    It certainly is in mine. And I would be astonished to see this sorted out in time. Another managerial fiasco, which will likely end with an appointment that is either rookie or dinosaur.
    Hope you are being too pessimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    The Dundee FC board of directors should also be involved in the appointment of our the next manager instead of leaving it to John Nelms who does not have a good track record in this field and Gordon Strachan who appears to be only interested in appointing his pal and former players.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Dundee FC board of directors should also be involved in the appointment of our the next manager instead of leaving it to John Nelms who does not have a good track record in this field and Gordon Strachan who appears to be only interested in appointing his pal and former players.
    John Nelms is the Dundee FC board of directors

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    John Nelms is the Dundee FC board of directors
    Agree with you but I think he must listen to someone because of a couple of things. Why did he not follow through on his decision to appoint McIntyre and Dodds, and how did he manage to persuade Mark McGhee to come to Dens. someone helped him to make these decisions, imo. I don't think anyone yhad McGhee as a serious contender on any of the Furums and someone must have persuaded him that Dodds was a step too far given the universal condemnation of Dodds on the Forums.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)